ABDC Season 4

SuperSecretJohn

Reaction score
For those interested, here's my assessment of the crews.

Massive Monkeys: great b-boy crew like Super Cr3w.
Rhythm City: great choreo crew (my favorite this season).
Fr3sh: already eliminated. i think they got nervous and blew it.
We Are Heroes: must've been formed just for the show. they can dance, but their routines need work (from what i've seen thus far).
Beat Ya Feet Kings: somewhat sloppy dancers.
AfroBorike: nothing special.
Artistry In Motion: nothing special.
Southern Movement: might do okay if they lose the gimmick.
Vogue Evolution: likely a one-trick pony.

From what I've seen, Massive Monkeys and Rhythm City should easily dominate. We Are Heroes has potential for semi-finals, but they better step up their game. The other crews really don't have what it takes to win. They were most likely selected for more diversity on the show. Strong choreography or big tricks will win you a spot on the top.

What do you think?

This is just based off of the first episode:

Beat Ya Feet Kings: They each have a unique footwork style, so it makes their groupwork look really sloppy, and their coreography wasn't all that impressive.
We Are Heroes: They've already shown that they can do things that Beat Freakz couldn't do too well (like tutting), but their coreography was lacking. They just need to bring it harder next week and step up their game. Their popping is really clean, I think they have a lot of poetntial.
AfroBorike: The couples dancing is interesting and they bring a lot of their ethnic style, but they were sloppy and I don't think they'll be able to pull off a lot of what will be asked of them later in the season.
Massive Monkeys: clean moves, great breakdancing, awesome coreography.
Artisty in Motion: nice fomations and transitions, but their movements weren't anything I coudln't see on the dancefloor of any club.
Southern Movement: their coreography was excellent and extremely clean. I thought their mix of country and hip hop really worked and was really entertaining. Finger tutting into blazing guns? Awesome.
Rhythm City: Super clean. Definitely bring more style than Massive Monkeys. And finally a boy/girl group with girls that can hold their own!
Vogue Evolution: It's definitely something new and entertaining and they really bring a lot of energy, but it's going to get old if they can't 'evolve.'

There are far too many gimmicks this season, I think, but I have to admit I really like Southern Movement. They're really clean and I think they can bring it when they need to. I hope they don't go the same way as that clogging group last season because their stuck in their gimmick.

Although I'd really like to see Southern Movement win this, I think my pick for the season is Rhythm City. They are so versatile and so clean, and I'm really impressed by the girls in the group.

abdc season 4

so i saw the first show, gotta admit i think a majority of the crews didn't grab my attention. of all them, rhythm city caught my eye. i think abdc became politically correct in picking the crews this season.

so i saw the first show, gotta admit i think a majority of the crews didn't grab my attention. of all them, rhythm city caught my eye. i think abdc became politically correct in picking the crews this season.

I think they try to be politically correct every season. They've been saving really good crews like Rhythm City for other seasons. If they put a bunch of the good b-boy crews and dance companies into one season, they wouldn't be able to stretch their seasons out.

Rhythm City HAS to make it to at least the finals... or maybe semi-finals (if another Season 2 SoReal Cru-esque mishap happens) because Alonzo Williams aka ZO, the choreographer of the group, has worked with Lil' Mama before. The judges ultimately decide most of the season who gets eliminated from the bottom, so if Rhythm City ever finds itself in a bad place (which I doubt will even happen), they'll get bailed out by their fellow New Yorker.

Massive Monkees! Go Seattle!

As much as I will be voting for Massive right up until they get eliminated, I have a feeling Rhythm City will win it. I have a feeling MTV set up the season this way...I mean come on, the west coast doesn't have a chance.

Massive Monkees! Go Seattle!

As much as I will be voting for Massive right up until they get eliminated, I have a feeling Rhythm City will win it. I have a feeling MTV set up the season this way...I mean come on, the west coast doesn't have a chance.

MM stay legit.

This week, We Are Heroes did a lot better, but I wasn't really amazed with anyone's performance. I'm guessing the Beyoncé challenge is what ruined it.

This week, We Are Heroes did a lot better, but I wasn't really amazed with anyone's performance. I'm guessing the Beyoncé challenge is what ruined it.

Agreed. We Are Heroes got my vote. They were the only ones that really stuck out in my mind. I hope next week they have a better challenge.

Week 3. Before any judges said it, I was thinking the bottom two who performed had the best performances. Rhythm City bottom two?! Ultimately, they knocked Southern Movement. It had to happen at some point, but I would have liked to see another crew leave. I'm just glad to see Rhythm City is back in the game. Their performance was many times better than last week's.

Damn I wish I had watched the ep before reading that. lol I liked Southern Movement a lot. They had potential but they just coudln't drop the gimmick. Sad.

Damn I wish I had watched the ep before reading that. lol I liked Southern Movement a lot. They had potential but they just coudln't drop the gimmick. Sad.

LOL sorry. They actually did really good. They didn't do any line dancing. It's just unfortunate they were put up against Rhythm City, who had the best routine of the night. If they were up against any other crew, they'd probably still be around. I bet they would've even beat out Massive Monkees (who BARELY completed the task) and We Are Heroes (who are back to their slow routines).

I think We Are Heroes have a dedicated fan base of Beat Freaks voters from the previous season. I kinda want them out of the competition because I expected so much more from them.

Next is a Bollywood Challenge. I don't know why they pick tasks to hold crews back when the crews aren't that good in the first place. This season is disappointing. Rhythm City's the only crew keeping my attention.

This episode pissed me off. Southern Movement and Rhythm City shouldnot have had to face each other. They are, in my opinion, the best 2 crews.

I HATE Afroborike. I really feel they should have gone last week. I honestly don't know why they have even gotten this far. They can't do anything. I think they get a lot of help too. The cubans/puerto ricans got the shakira/beyonce video wtih the bellydancing. That's so cheat, in my opinion. And the worst part about it is, they get off easy and they still can't do anything.

Massive Monkeys is really disappointing me too. I expected a lot more from those b-boys. They have a lot to live up to. I wish We Are Heores could keep bringing it hard. They are good, I like them a lot. I appreciate that Shane kept it real and pretty much told almost everyone that they sucked. lol

I'd really like to see an N*Sync challenge. lol

Last edited:
I hope you saw week 4 (Bollywood challenge). It was actually pretty interesting. Rhythm City and Massive Monkees did really well. Beat Ya Feet Kings and We Are Heroes were on the bottom. We Are Heroes actually had their best routine thus far and were saved because of it.

Beat Ya Feet Kings... the girl had a little baby at home for over a month... sorta glad they went home. LOL

Unless Rhythm City and Massive Monkees both reach bottom two, they seem to be guaranteed a spot on the top 2. The rest can fight for the number 3 spot in the next few weeks. Next week is dance crazes a.k.a. fads like jerkin' and stanky leg... lol

The Ballywood challenge was really fun! I definitely loved We are Heroes performance the best, and Rythm City too. They killed it.

And despite how much I dislike them, I thought Afroborike did their best performance. But I still think they should go. lol

Again, wish I watched the episode before reading this. lol

Top Bottom