Evil Dead vs. Fright Night: Which was the better 80's Franchise

Evil Dead vs. Fright Night

• Evil Dead (Give me some suger, baby!)

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Fright Night (Welcome to Fright Night! For real.)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
I love both these 80's B grade Horror movie franchises, but I just can't decide which I like more. Which series was your favorite...Ash or Charley/Peter Vincent?

Evil Dead vs. Fright Night

army-of-darkness-bruce.jpg

or

fn_050McDowall.jpg

Last edited:
I feel as though I am but the lone fright night supporter. Le sigh.

I feel as though I am but the lone fright night supporter. Le sigh.

Nah...I like Fright Night too. The only thing that saved the Evil Dead series was Army of Darkness. The first two movies, in my opinion, are really bad.

Dream Works was suppose to be remaking the Fright Night series in 2009, but I haven't heard of any release dates.

2b018460-4b46-491e-a9a4-3021424e5157.jpg

Last edited:
No contest! Clatto Verata Nicto! (anyone know where this expression came from? A little trivia here, no googling! :) )

Yep, the original (haven't bothered to watch the remake) The Day The Earth Stood Still. Instructions, which, as far as I know, no one has ever translated, to the robot Gorth after Clatto has been shot.

Correct, actually you can hear Keanu whisper it to the robot in the re-make as well. :D

Nah...I like Fright Night too. The only thing that saved the Evil Dead series was Army of Darkness. The first two movies, in my opinion, are really bad.

That's the worst joke I believe i've ever heard. Can you really type that with a straight face? The Evil Dead films (as well as the first two Hellraiser films and the 1980s Thing) are the only films to ever scare the crap out of me.

That's the worst joke I believe i've ever heard. Can you really type that with a straight face? The Evil Dead films (as well as the first two Hellraiser films and the 1980s Thing) are the only films to ever scare the crap out of me.

I stand by my words. Sorry to hurt your feelings and everything, but I think the first two Evil Dead movies were really bad. Bruce is one of my favorite B Stars, and I love Army of Darkness, but in all I like the Fright Night films better.

What's Hellraiser have to do with this poll?

Bruce Campbell rules. 'Nuff said.

Anyone seen My Name is Bruce? So awesome for all you Evil Dead/Army of Darkness fans. and Bubba Ho Tep? so good....

Top Bottom