new uke ?'s

itgoesbwaaah

Reaction score
hey folks. im a lil new in the uke world. i started on a leolani and am quickly outgrowing it. needless to say in ready for an upgrade. i want a concert. lookin to spend around 400. what would give me the most bang for my buck?
i dont think i will need a uke with an amp hook up just yet. not sure if that will make a difference or not. thanx in advance.

I started on a Leolani too. If I was giving myself advice on a concert uke to upgrade to from that Leolani, I'd go with a KoAloha concert, because it's the benchmark and you're not likely going to need (not to be confused with "want") anything else after getting it. You can sometimes find a used one for around $400 or so. Of course, a new one is considerably more at $600+. So if you must stay at the $400 budget, something built with solid wood from Ohana or Mainland should serve you well.

appreciate the input, both of you. i called my local uke shop here in guam and they said the closest they get me was a pono for 450. im gonna shop around a lil bit and see what i come up with. if anything just be practicin on ma soprano until i can save up the cash to get what im looking for. im a little weary of purchasing a uke online cause, as corny as it may seem, i want my uke to pick me. thats how i ended up with the ones i have now.

As ankho honu suggested you might want to look at a mele - their website (http://www.meleukulele.com/) is currently offering specials (12th B'day). They have 2 concerts that are in your price bracket. happy uke hunting..

Top Bottom