Ukulele Disasters?

kiduke310

Reaction score
staring at my uke i realized these things can break pretty damn easy if you are unlucky enough. i always imagined someone leaning back really hard or sitting down quickly and just smashing a uke. (sad vision indeed) but i was just wondering who out there has had a ukulele disaster? this is your chance to pay homage to a beloved (or hated) ukulele that has been destroyed in some way or another.

thanks for sharing your stories! :D

I pulled my first ukulele out of it's bag and the bridge was no longer attached .

it was a very sad day. :(

i lost a uke in a fire a little while back. finally about to be replaced though! :D

I once dropped my very inexpensive hilo and the entire face lifted off of the body. I was pretty devastated. I used wood glue and a clamp to put it back together and it still sounds ok (plays in tune, with a decent sound). But needless to say I invested in a case

With two children in the house and the occasional visiting "sit-without-looking" mother-in-law, I think my Makala will remain my primary instrument for casual practicing in the living room even when I do finally get something a little nicer.

I do think I would be very sad if anything did happen to it; I have grown rather fond of it.

I had a custom valued over 3,000 at a exposition and when a camera crew was doing a documentary they banged the table hard and knocked it off the stand flying towards the floor Luckily the camera guy dived and saved it from complete ruin The ukulele had to be striped and resprayed at my cost

I had a custom valued over 3,000 at a exposition and when a camera crew was doing a documentary they banged the table hard and knocked it off the stand flying towards the floor Luckily the camera guy dived and saved it from complete ruin The ukulele had to be striped and resprayed at my cost

Did they at least offer to repair it?

I ordered a Koaloha Super Tenor from MGM. I waited and waited for it to come. It never came. It was finally returned to MGM damaged. (Stupid UPS) MGM sent out a new one for me. Three days later, I placed it on a table. The table collapsed. The Koaloha fell to the ground and a 10 gallon aquarium fell on top of it. The top separated from the body, it had a huge dent and 3 cracks. I managed to glue the top back on and it still sounds great!

I ordered a Koaloha Super Tenor from MGM. I waited and waited for it to come. It never came. It was finally returned to MGM damaged. (Stupid UPS) MGM sent out a new one for me. Three days later, I placed it on a table. The table collapsed. The Koaloha fell to the ground and a 10 gallon aquarium fell on top of it. The top separated from the body, it had a huge dent and 3 cracks. I managed to glue the top back on and it still sounds great!

Koaloha NOT SO Super tenor, if you ask me. Superman's uke should be able to survive something like that. Unless maybe Aquaman was in the aquarium at the time.

I snapped the neck off my TV Pal plastic uke when I was playing Violent Femmes on it. I finally was able to repair it with super glue. Not the best looking uke in my collection, but hey, it works!

I've knocked my Flea off of tables more times than I can count. Sent it flying off the kitchen counter and onto our stone tile floor. It was still in tune. I love having a uke I don't have to baby.

There's a big crack in mine along the side of the bridge, as if someone were pushing the bridge in and made the crack. And I have no idea how to fix it D:

oh well, as long as it isn't noticeble and it sounds good, right?

ive dropped my lanikai multiple times no visible damage but there seems to be a constant buzz i cant get rid of.

I've knocked my Flea off of tables more times than I can count. Sent it flying off the kitchen counter and onto our stone tile floor. It was still in tune. I love having a uke I don't have to baby.

Show off. Lol. I'm seriously debating getting one of these for my classroom.

Recently it has been brought to my attention that my Oscar Schimdt concert ou5 has a broken saddle (I think thats what that white piece that the strings sit on on the body of the uke)

I'm not exactly sure what to do with it truth be told but it seems to still sound ok.

Just had the grandchildren to stay, one got up and went walk about found my old beater ont he sofa and filled it with his bottle of milk, thats going to smell lovely in a few days! just glad my Mainland was up on the wall.

ive dropped my lanikai multiple times no visible damage but there seems to be a constant buzz i cant get rid of.

There is probably a loose brace inside the body.

Top Bottom