Vintage Kamaka Ukulele For Sale . . .

mcquillian

Reaction score
For sale is my Kamaka ukulele that I purchased many years ago on a high school trip to Hawaii in 1980. It was purchased as a memento from the trip and has never been played professionally, in fact, It really has spent most of its time sitting on the shelf as a conversation piece because of its beautiful design and "flame" in the wood. There is a sticker inside which read "kkamaka ukulele Made in Honolulu, Hawaii U.S.A." I purchased it from a reputable music store, but do not have a receipt.

I am looking to sell this ukulele, as I have no use for it anymore.

The ukulele is in beautiful condition as you can see from the attached pictures.

I am asking for $450.00 or best reasonable offer. I am looking to sell this, so I will consider reasonable offers.

The ukulele comes with a very basic case.

Please feel free to contact me at mcquillian@hotmail.com

Someone is going to end up with a gorgeous ukulele. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• DSC00079 (1).jpg
    DSC00079 (1).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00080 (1).jpg
    DSC00080 (1).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00081 (1).jpg
    DSC00081 (1).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC00082 (1).jpg
    DSC00082 (1).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00083 (1).jpg
    DSC00083 (1).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Ah, it has definitely been sitting and not played much, because you can tell from how white the tuning pegs are. Yellowed, cream colored tuning pegs from Kamakas of this period are the hotness...well depending on what you like, at least. Best of luck with the sale!

I've been wanting a kamaka soprano but I lack the funds currently. Why couldn't you post this is a month?:)

Hi-

Is this a soprano? Also where does this ship from and how would you handle the shipping?

Gorgeous uke.

Thanks,
OkieUke

Sorry I did not get back to you right away.

I believe that it is a Soprano, however, I am not a player, but if you can tell me how to identify this, I will confirm for you . . .

This Ukulele is located in Orlando, Florida.

I get an incredible deal on shipping through work, so my intention would be to ship it overnight via FedEx. I would consider shipping it for free if the buyer is located in the United States and we can reach an acceptable price.

It really is in amazing shape. The flame on the wood is outstanding. Pictures just don't do it justice . . .

Let me know if I can be of further help. Thanks.

Hi-
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm unable to purchase this sweet uke now.

Wish you the best luck in selling this gem. Doubt you'll have any problem moving it.

OkieUke

Top Bottom