Ukulele Stores

gjsong

Reaction score
I've been screening the Marketplace section on UU and other sites and there are always questions on wanting to buy ukes, where to buy and what kind. Do you think it would be helpful to develop a list of well stocked Ukulele stores in the US and abroad? In the Marketplace forum you could have a thread that contains different regions in the US (Hawaii, Pacific NW, California, Mid west, Mid east, New England, Southern US, ex) People can post Stores where they got their ukes, strings, etc and store owners could post pictures of their stores. I understand that you actually sell advertising spots for the front page of UU and I can see how you might not want to give away free advertising to stores around the country but it would be nice for us to be informed of potentially good music stores in our areas that carry uke stuff.

your best bet would be to post in the regional area of the forum. Stores (at least around here) are always changing...one month they will have 4 ukes, the next 10, and the next none.

There was an article earlier in the year in one of the local newspapers (in Finnish obviously) about how there was a worldwide shortage of ukuleles due to an explosion in popularity.

As most things Finnish, the article was deadly serious, so it made anyone with a sense of humor chuckle a bit, even the die-hard uke crazies in the local uke club (called FUN = Finnish Ukulele Network). :)

ok plainsong, I've been wondering, you say your location is Helsinki, Finland via Charleston SC. Does that mean you hail from SC but currently live in Finland? or vice versa?

I've lived in Helsinki for the past ten years, but if I leave my location as just Helsinki, Finland, people tend to think I'm a Finn. I'm not though, I'm from Chas. :) They think I'm a Finn mainly due to my typos... which every Finn I know speaks better English than what you'd find in some of my typos. :D

And also, we're eventually moving back home in the next few years or so, but I have a love/hate relationship with Helsinki. ;)

i say buy them off youtube before it closes down :s

I didnt' even get to 18 and they are already closing down!! when are they actually closing down??

i say buy them off youtube before it closes down :s

I didnt' even get to 18 and they are already closing down!! when are they actually closing down??

Huh? I'm confused...

Top Bottom