Black PalmTree Hard case? Stagg Tweed?

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've got one of the palm tree ones. It's an alright case. Not quite as nice as the Ko'olau cases, and part of the inside felt lining is starting to peel off, but it's a solid case. I paid 50 for it new in store. It's definitely better than the foam lightweight cases though.

The tweed case looks like its shaped for a pineapple.

I have one of the Stagg tweeds. It was my first hard case and it is very well made and worth the price! The soprano size fits all my soprano ukulele pineapple and standard...its a very safe and well padded case, because of the small size the internal compartment is not very deep!:p

I wonder if either one of these comes in the concert size. I can't seem to find any sizes besides the soprano on the tweed, and only tenor and soprano on the black palm tree (and a brown palm tree soprano). I couldn't tell what kind of case the tweed was from the photo. For that price, it could have been a fancy cardboard model. Thanks for the info!

–Lori

Tweed

I've been looking at that tweed case for my concert pineapple uke. It doesn't look as shaped as some others.

Now it's just a case of finding somewhere in the UK that stocks it so I can see if my uke fits! Not an easy task at all.

If anyone's got the concert size, perhaps they could post measurements :D ?
If it fits, that tweed one is the case I'd like. It looks pretty good.

If you're going to get the tweed, you should get the good one, because cheap almost never means good quality.
I also like the rectangular tweed case :D

I''m picking mine up from MGM in a few days

if you like the rectangle cases, this tweed concert case is pretty affordable too.

if you like the rectangle cases, this tweed concert case is pretty affordable too.
That one is a good price! I wonder how heavy these cases are? I like the idea of the heavy duty protection, but I am concerned about weight and price.

That rectangular shape would work for cigar box ukes too! When you have an oversized case like that (one that doesn't hug the shape of the soundbox), do you have to worry about the ukulele moving around in there?

–Lori

Lori, my soprano came from MGM in a very nice hard case - wood, padded, all that stuff. Even though the case is heavier than the uke itself, the overall size means that the whole combo isn't that bad, weight-wise. A tenor in a heavily-built case may start to get a little bit more challenging, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom