rollerblades vs skateboard

Regster

Reaction score
don't know how to use the skateboard but ive rollerblade quite a few times before

I used to rollerblade all the time back in the 90s. And then I discovered the skateboard and the skateboarders disdain for rollerbladers, or what they called 'fruit booters.' lol and now, I don't do either. :p

Skateboard.

I used to rollerblade all the time back in the 90s. And then I discovered the skateboard and the skateboarders disdain for rollerbladers, or what they called 'fruit booters.' lol and now, I don't do either. :p

yepz one of the reason it got cut off the x-games, i was gonna make this thread a poll but i messed up ohh well

Skateboard...no fruit boots:D Again, just my opinion...but a strong one..ha:rolleyes: Ollie vs. "hop"...enough said....out.

Last edited:
lol...the board isn't attached...thats the skill! Boarding is badass. Inline i don't think is that great. I mean these inliners get in the air and grab their boots like the boots are gonna be falling off? lol...but I BMX!

I skateboard almost everyday. It's basically my second mode of transportation because I like to have a beer and tearing around on my skateboard is a lot safer than in a vehicle.

Blades... But I grew up playing inline hockey so I blade for hat tricks not skate tricks... :)

Man, I can't believe I forgot about this movie for the "Cheesy Movie" Thread = "Airborne" !! The 90's movie about rollerblading / surfing / street hockey ... man i wish I could see that one again. Seth Green was hysterical, and Jack Black, in my opinion, stole the show; even though he had the tiniest part. Come to think of it, most of the supporting characters went on to successful careers and the cool surfer kid lead role guy disappeared into obscurity ...

That said, definitely skateboarding.

Thanks! For the most part, I'm normally behind the camera. I have a Nikon D200 that I use for all my action shots (I used to have a D40, but I had recently upgraded. LOL)

Here's a couple shots I took at our local parks.

826780334_5afaea51da.jpg

2281724270_815a14f847.jpg

2280932655_993ed0a357.jpg

436969324_afdee38658.jpg

mannn that makes me wanna learn skateboardin, i heard its more harder to do tricks at skateboard cuz it pops out not like blades where its sticking to your feet

mannn that makes me wanna learn skateboardin, i heard its more harder to do tricks at skateboard cuz it pops out not like blades where its sticking to your feet

Since you live in Louisville - you should TOTALLY get into skateboarding! Louisville has one of the BEST concrete skateparks in the nation!

IMHO, skateboarding is definitely harder than fruitbooting. However, I'm pretty biased since I can't stand fruitboots! LOL On the flip side - I think skateboarding is a little safer on the ankles, since you can jump off the board if you decide to bail on a trick. If you try to bail with fruitboots, then you take the chance at a faceplant or twisting your ankle (take yer pick.... LOL).

BTW - I got into skateboarding because of surfing. If the surf was down - then we went skateboarding!

Last edited:
Top Bottom