Kamaka HF1?

RonS

Reaction score
By accident I came across a used Mango Kamaka HF1. Sounded really nice. Like new condition. I don't know how old it is.

Comes with a case and the seller wants $300.

I have no idea what the value is on this brand. Is this in the ballpark?

I haven't ever heard of a Mango Kamaka, doesn't mean they are not out there I just haven't heard of one, and I don't know a lot more than I know. If it is in good condition and a real Kamaka, $300 is a pretty good price IMO. The White lable Kamaka HF-1 go from around 300 ro 400 on ebay Brand new about 600. If it is Mango it is probably some special or custom uke making it even more valueable.

By accident I came across a used Mango Kamaka HF1. Sounded really nice. Like new condition. I don't know how old it is.

Comes with a case and the seller wants $300.

I have no idea what the value is on this brand. Is this in the ballpark?

That's a really good price - I thought Kamakas were all koa - a mango would be unusual...

First time I've heard of a mango Kamaka, I'd grab it at that price.

Most of the Kamakas are solid Koa unless it's a special order or a custom model. And for 3 bills, I think it's a steal.

Oh man,

He who snoozes loses, someone else grabbed it :(

That didn't hang around for long.
I guess I should educate myself some more on these wonderful instruments.

Oh man,

He who snoozes loses, someone else grabbed it :(

That didn't hang around for long.
I guess I should educate myself some more on these wonderful instruments.

Oh what a shame. That's why you gotta buy first, ask questions later when you really want it. :D

And tangentially related, its easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask and receive permission when buying these ukes. Hehe.

Top Bottom