PDA

View Full Version : Got a new ukulele...

ukerazy
08-17-2009, 07:35 AM
A Brueko No6! Its beautiful, i never thought i would want or play a soprano but i have to admit they are fun, fun, fun! I got it second hand (you wouldn't know) from a great seller on E-Bay, a good price with a little gigbag. It sounds amazing, its already strung with Aquilas but on the advice of a Ken Middleton review i plan on restringing with Worth browns. I think i have the soprano bug now, i fear for every penny that passes through my fingers lol! I have uploaded a few pictures for proof lol and one of the 'Family together'

thejumpingflea
08-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Congrats!

Those Bruko's are very tempting.... ;)

sukie
08-17-2009, 08:43 AM
What kind of uke is that on the far right in the last photo? Holy smokes, it's gorgeous!

SeanKy671
08-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Sure is gorgeous!! I'd like to see THAT in my collection haha
What is it??

ukerazy
08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
What kind of uke is that on the far right in the last photo? Holy smokes, it's gorgeous!

That is my Pono Mango Tenor, he is a beauty... his name is Seeso! lol Theres some pictures in an album on my profile if you would like to look. Thanks for the nice comments.

And Matt, the Brukos are tempting, i think i want a custom now, they are very reasonable so i believe!

Playscool39
08-17-2009, 09:58 AM
You've got a beautiful family:)

Skrik
08-17-2009, 10:44 AM
SNAP! I received the SMS today that mine has been shipped. I can hardly wait.

Solid mahogany body (top, back and sides), maple neck, maple fretboard, rosewood inlays, friction-tuner-like heads, one-piece bridge. And all for the price that it costs to ship a Hawaiian ukulele to Europe.

Next month, I will consider ordering three ukuleles from Hora for the same price (http://www.hora.ro/pages/mandolins.htm).

sukie
08-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Now that I've seen more of the Pono it's even more gorgeous than I thought. I don't need another ukulele, I don't want another ukulele and I can't afford another ukulele so why is this making me twitch?

yookyoolayleeh
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Yay! I've had my Bruko no.6 for a few days now and I love it too! Beautiful design and a nice simple sound. Have a look at these vids from Bruko-sporting youtubers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGed0M_M38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B15LzQepm4&feature=channel_page

Mine's strung with the Pyramid strings that Bruko ship them with. They're really hard and a bit buzzy if I don't fret hard enough. Think I'll swap em for Worth browns as well. Where's a good place in the UK to get those?

I really like the idea that my Bruko was made by German people. Not quite sure why.

MisoHappy
08-17-2009, 12:41 PM
want........ele...........uke..........O.O

ed531
08-17-2009, 01:17 PM
A Brueko No6! Its beautiful, i never thought i would want or play a soprano but i have to admit they are fun, fun, fun! I got it second hand (you wouldn't know) from a great seller on E-Bay, a good price with a little gigbag. It sounds amazing, its already strung with Aquilas but on the advice of a Ken Middleton review i plan on restringing with Worth browns. I think i have the soprano bug now, i fear for every penny that passes through my fingers lol! I have uploaded a few pictures for proof lol and one of the 'Family together'

Congrats... I'm loving the headstock.

pithaya9
08-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Congrats on the new Burko, looks great and that Mango is beautiful.:love:

Now that I've seen more of the Pono it's even more gorgeous than I thought. I don't need another ukulele, I don't want another ukulele and I can't afford another ukulele so why is this making me twitch?

As you know sukie, it's only UAS, it will go away as soon as you buy a new 'ukulele. :smileybounce:

Jack

gabzuke
08-17-2009, 10:38 PM
hmm that bruko sure is yummy
and you have very pretty members of your family!

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks again for the nice messages, yookyoo, i beleive the best place and one of few if any other places to get worth strings is the southern ukulele store on ebay! I havn't dealt with them directly but i have had some contact and they seem very nice and helpful. I think some other UK UU users have purchased from them too.

Cali
08-18-2009, 03:09 AM
We talked about yesterday on the german board from the ukuleleclub
and they recommend especially the AQUILA strings on the Brüko.

I played them on club meetings but i don't own one because i prefer more frets than the standard models offer but i'm looking forward to get one flat body with 16-19 frets a.k.a long-neck.

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 03:28 AM
We talked about yesterday on the german board from the ukuleleclub
and they recommend especially the AQUILA strings on the Brüko.

I played them on club meetings but i don't own one because i prefer more frets than the standard models offer but i'm looking forward to get one flat body with 16-19 frets a.k.a long-neck.

The aquila strings do sound nice but i have them on all my ukes so i would like to change it up a bit. I have decided today that im going to order a custom tenor from Bruko hopefully in zebra wood. I believe they are very fairly priced so im going to send in a request of what i want and get a quote. The No 6 is very well made, im really impressed with it!

yookyoolayleeh
08-18-2009, 04:27 AM
Oooh a custom tenor! Keep us informed. What sort of tuners will you be going for?

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Oooh a custom tenor! Keep us informed. What sort of tuners will you be going for?

Geared tuners, i can handle the friction tuners on the soprano but i have to say im not a fan of them. I like to make things easy for myself lol.

Skrik
08-18-2009, 08:09 AM
I have decided today that im going to order a custom tenor from Bruko hopefully in zebra wood.

Note to self:

UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport.

Ahnko Honu
08-18-2009, 08:18 AM
'Ukuleles here traditionally have dark Ebony or Rosewood fretboards so refreshing to see the light non traditional fretboard of the Bruko. Do you know what wood was used for the fretboard? Congrats on your new baby. :)

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 08:28 AM
'Ukuleles here traditionally have dark Ebony or Rosewood fretboards so refreshing to see the light non traditional fretboard of the Bruko. Do you know what wood was used for the fretboard? Congrats on your new baby. :)

It is maple, if im not mistaken i believe its all one solid piece. It's very nice indeed, no pineapples from Bruko yet though, my friend! lol

Skrik, if it was a competitive sport it would be the only sport i would play, spectate and actually be good at! lol

I Ukulista
08-18-2009, 10:26 AM
All respect for Hubert Pfeiffer ( EL BRUKOLISTA)

Ahnko Honu
08-18-2009, 10:30 AM
All respect for Hubert Pfeiffer ( EL BRUKOLISTA)

...and his American cousin Michelle. :love:
http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/michelle-pfeiffer-star-8-7-07.jpg

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
...and his American cousin Michelle. :love:
http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/michelle-pfeiffer-star-8-7-07.jpg

That made me LOL! Beautiful picture!

Lori
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I really like the light color neck on your new Bruko too! Very nice!

In addition, I have always been a big fan of Mango ukes. My first uke was the Kala Mango tenor, and I now have a Mainland concert on order in Mango (sight unseen!).

Enjoy your ukes. You might consider getting Worth browns for your custom Zebrawood tenor. It just might be a good string choice for that wood. I just strung my Ohana Soprano Zebrawood with Worth Clears, but I think maybe Browns would be even better.

–Lori

seeso
08-18-2009, 01:38 PM
:eek: Seeso's jealous!

micromue
08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
A Brueko No.6 should belong to every ukulele household. They are well-made, reliable as rocks and they sound veeery ukey. Especially the sound of the No. 6 improves a lot whith age. My No. 6 is now 9 years old, lives in my car and sounds terrific.

As for the custom tenor, you should definitely go for it. I had Brueko make me a custom flat soprano with a moor oak body and an oak neck and it is one of my favorite ukes. Their custom works are very reasonably priced and they make sure, that every detail you define is taken care of. And: They are superfast!

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 09:53 PM
:eek: Seeso's jealous!

LOL At least Seeso can really play them! Melissa just pretends to and collects them!

A Brueko No.6 should belong to every ukulele household. They are well-made, reliable as rocks and they sound veeery ukey. Especially the sound of the No. 6 improves a lot whith age. My No. 6 is now 9 years old, lives in my car and sounds terrific.

As for the custom tenor, you should definitely go for it. I had Brueko make me a custom flat soprano with a moor oak body and an oak neck and it is one of my favorite ukes. Their custom works are very reasonably priced and they make sure, that every detail you define is taken care of. And: They are superfast!

That is good to know, and you are right... everyone should have one they are serious little instruments! I love it and im looking forward to ordering a custom with them! I bet that little uke of yours sounds amazing at such a ripe old age too!

ukerazy
08-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I really like the light color neck on your new Bruko too! Very nice!

In addition, I have always been a big fan of Mango ukes. My first uke was the Kala Mango tenor, and I now have a Mainland concert on order in Mango (sight unseen!).

Enjoy your ukes. You might consider getting Worth browns for your custom Zebrawood tenor. It just might be a good string choice for that wood. I just strung my Ohana Soprano Zebrawood with Worth Clears, but I think maybe Browns would be even better.

–Lori

It seems we have similar tastes in tonewood, as i said on a previous thread my first ukulele was a kala mango but i did have a few quality issues with it! Although i did love the wood which is why i bought the Pono! And you have zebra wood too, what does that sound like to you? To be honest im choosing that wood based more on looks although i have heard a few on YT. I plan on ordering some worths for my Pono and Brueko as Ken Middleton recommends them on the Brueko, thanks for the advice Lori!

Ukeval
08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
I've got a number 6 too and very happy with !
V.

Skrik
08-18-2009, 11:41 PM
It hasn't arrived yet, and it's the third day since they sent it... This is difficult.

ukemanderby
08-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Hi, I like the pics you have posted of the Brueko - it seems to have settled into its new home perfectly !

Skrik
08-20-2009, 05:06 AM
It arrived today, but I won't hijack this thread. Suffice it to say that I am one happy bunny.

ukerazy
08-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi, I like the pics you have posted of the Brueko - it seems to have settled into its new home perfectly !

It certainly has settled in Philip, glad you like the picture... do they make you miss the Brueko?

Skrik, I've seen your new uke... very nice, welcome to the Brueko club, ey?