Got a new ukulele...

ukerazy

Reaction score
A Brueko No6! Its beautiful, i never thought i would want or play a soprano but i have to admit they are fun, fun, fun! I got it second hand (you wouldn't know) from a great seller on E-Bay, a good price with a little gigbag. It sounds amazing, its already strung with Aquilas but on the advice of a Ken Middleton review i plan on restringing with Worth browns. I think i have the soprano bug now, i fear for every penny that passes through my fingers lol! I have uploaded a few pictures for proof lol and one of the 'Family together'

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 117
What kind of uke is that on the far right in the last photo? Holy smokes, it's gorgeous!

What kind of uke is that on the far right in the last photo? Holy smokes, it's gorgeous!

That is my Pono Mango Tenor, he is a beauty... his name is Seeso! lol Theres some pictures in an album on my profile if you would like to look. Thanks for the nice comments.

And Matt, the Brukos are tempting, i think i want a custom now, they are very reasonable so i believe!

Congratulations

SNAP! I received the SMS today that mine has been shipped. I can hardly wait.

Solid mahogany body (top, back and sides), maple neck, maple fretboard, rosewood inlays, friction-tuner-like heads, one-piece bridge. And all for the price that it costs to ship a Hawaiian ukulele to Europe.

Next month, I will consider ordering three ukuleles from Hora for the same price.

Now that I've seen more of the Pono it's even more gorgeous than I thought. I don't need another ukulele, I don't want another ukulele and I can't afford another ukulele so why is this making me twitch?

Yay! I've had my Bruko no.6 for a few days now and I love it too! Beautiful design and a nice simple sound. Have a look at these vids from Bruko-sporting youtubers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGed0M_M38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B15LzQepm4&feature=channel_page

Mine's strung with the Pyramid strings that Bruko ship them with. They're really hard and a bit buzzy if I don't fret hard enough. Think I'll swap em for Worth browns as well. Where's a good place in the UK to get those?

I really like the idea that my Bruko was made by German people. Not quite sure why.

Last edited:
A Brueko No6! Its beautiful, i never thought i would want or play a soprano but i have to admit they are fun, fun, fun! I got it second hand (you wouldn't know) from a great seller on E-Bay, a good price with a little gigbag. It sounds amazing, its already strung with Aquilas but on the advice of a Ken Middleton review i plan on restringing with Worth browns. I think i have the soprano bug now, i fear for every penny that passes through my fingers lol! I have uploaded a few pictures for proof lol and one of the 'Family together'

Congrats... I'm loving the headstock.

Congrats on the new Burko, looks great and that Mango is beautiful.:love:

Now that I've seen more of the Pono it's even more gorgeous than I thought. I don't need another ukulele, I don't want another ukulele and I can't afford another ukulele so why is this making me twitch?

As you know sukie, it's only UAS, it will go away as soon as you buy a new 'ukulele. :smileybounce:

Jack

hmm that bruko sure is yummy
and you have very pretty members of your family!

Thanks again for the nice messages, yookyoo, i beleive the best place and one of few if any other places to get worth strings is the southern ukulele store on ebay! I havn't dealt with them directly but i have had some contact and they seem very nice and helpful. I think some other UK UU users have purchased from them too.

We talked about yesterday on the german board from the ukuleleclub
and they recommend especially the AQUILA strings on the Brüko.

I played them on club meetings but i don't own one because i prefer more frets than the standard models offer but i'm looking forward to get one flat body with 16-19 frets a.k.a long-neck.

We talked about yesterday on the german board from the ukuleleclub
and they recommend especially the AQUILA strings on the Brüko.

I played them on club meetings but i don't own one because i prefer more frets than the standard models offer but i'm looking forward to get one flat body with 16-19 frets a.k.a long-neck.

The aquila strings do sound nice but i have them on all my ukes so i would like to change it up a bit. I have decided today that im going to order a custom tenor from Bruko hopefully in zebra wood. I believe they are very fairly priced so im going to send in a request of what i want and get a quote. The No 6 is very well made, im really impressed with it!

Oooh a custom tenor! Keep us informed. What sort of tuners will you be going for?

I have decided today that im going to order a custom tenor from Bruko hopefully in zebra wood.

Note to self:

UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport. UAS is not a competitive sport.

'Ukuleles here traditionally have dark Ebony or Rosewood fretboards so refreshing to see the light non traditional fretboard of the Bruko. Do you know what wood was used for the fretboard? Congrats on your new baby. :)

Top Bottom