are you always looking for a uke to buy ?

ed531

Reaction score
I find myself always looking for a uke. Not really buying, but the possibility to buy. I actually have one I'd like to buy now, but currently way out of me price range.

So...

Ebay, store websites, etc...

How often do you shop for ukes ?

Twice a week ?
Three times a week ?
Once a day ?

Haha, just whenever we walk into a music store, or anywhere that sells them, I'm there.

When I'm into something I always hit up the different outlets for purchase. The idea here is that if I keep up on what things are going for I'll not only catch the hot deals, I won't get ripped off if I just wander into a music store one day. Not to say buying anything retail is getting ripped off, I just know cost varies ALOT in all different places.

Ya I'm always on the lookout for new ukes. Right now I want a soprano that I bring wherever and not care about if it gets banged up a little, A tenor Uke, a guitalele (yamaha has one for $120 at the local shop that I'm very interested in) and lastly one with a pickup.

I'm thinking of that tenor Kala jazz edition and killing two birds that way since it has a pickup built in but as for the beater uke.... It's either a Makala dolphin bridged soprano or a mahogany one from beaver creek since it's only $40.

You're kidding right?! :D

It's an addiction, I'm always cruising for the next hit, I'm picking up # 9 or is it #10? today, and was looking again before that one got here. I keep saying I'm going to sell a bunch, but the market is a little soft right now... ;)

I was going to sell all the sopranos because they were "too cramped", but now suddenly I can play the sopranos! So I was going to move on the baritone, but I picked it up and it said "Please don't!".

I'm running out of places to hide them from my better half. I can't use the excuse that I bought this one for him too. It's a soprano, and he has the second baritone. :rolleyes:

Someone stop me, please!

Or offer me a really great deal on a spruce top tenor! :wallbash:

Dude... I get emails about new ukuleles when they show up on different sites, I'm down to trying to buy 1 or 2 a week right now! Arrgggghhhhhhh! the pain of UAS! Is there no relenting?:eek:

Every day, several times a day, several different ukes, mostly websites and mgm. I cannot stop. Just got my 10th and can now join the ukulele whore-ders group. I think 2 more are on the radar right now. I'm waiting for the pictures of the Mainland concert, slotted headstock and I do not have a flea (concert pineapple or concert surf). Maybe a dozen will be my stopping point. No, wait, Dave Means will start building my Glyph tenor in November of 2010. Baker's Dozen, maybe . . .
Regards,
Ray

I am always on the lookout. I also thought I would move up to Tenor (from concert) but when I stumbled across a beatiful vintage Martin soprano on the cheap one day, I snapped it up and found that I LOVE playing soprano.....so now I am on the constant lookout for another soprano uke.

I look to learn as well. When I am cruising eBay I don't intend to buy anything but rather to see what is out there and to get an idea of what things cost so if I do come across something I can't live without, I know what is a reasoable price. It's all part of the fun for me!

I also wrote up a "cheat sheet" for my parents who garage sale every weekend for fun. It gives them an idea of higher end and lower end newer and vintage ukes and the prices that might be associated with them.......just in case. I am waiting for them to bring me a Kumalae or something some day!

Ryan

Here's my usual routine:

1) check eBay - go to MGM's place, then ukulele4u to see if either has anything new and interesting.
2) check the marketplace here
3) go to honolulu.craigslist.org and search on "ukulele". That's how I got my Kanile'a concert (Betty) at a great price...
4) go to portland.craigslist.org and search on "ukulele". See if anybody local has anything.
5) go to seattle.craigslist.org and search on "ukulele". Reason to myself that if I found something awesome in Seattle it would be worth the trip.

Usually that will hold me...for a day.

I look almost everyday. Now that my son wants to learn, it gives me another excuse to be looking . I'm thinking of getting him a Kala that I've been eyeing...so if he decides he doesn't like it, I can have it! LoL And if he likes it, I can borrow it! ;)

Oh shootz... my son is a lefty when it comes to ukes. Guess I can always re-string!

Last edited:
At least 10 times a day. Always looking for that great buy, never know when it will pop up.:smileybounce:

Jack

Just bought my eighth, and still looking. have two more in mind.

Home made Banjolele
MAKA Concert
Santa Rosa Bartone
2 ea MAKALA Sopranos
KALA Mango Concert
KALA Mahogany Cutaway Tenor
Mele Tenor-8 string with abalone shell inlay :rofl:

Just bought my eighth, and still looking. have two more in mind.
:

I just got my 3rd early last week. Don't have money now but I saw a Koaloha Tenor and a William King tenor I liked. I'm not putting anything on a credit card so I'll keep shopping...

I look everyday, especially on E-Bay. I got a new one on Saturday and im already planning my next purchase. I don't feel bad about it, i believe its the best thing to spend my money on, they hold there value, they are beautiful and they make sweet sweet music! lol

I've been looking around on online stores a lot recently, because I desperately need an upgrade from my cheapsopranothatyoucanbuyinthelocalmusicstore-ukulele.
Can't seem to find a shop that is close enough to Belgium to keep the shipping costs low though...

Checking out every uke marketplace on the net was a regular practice for me for a few months.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I have had to get back to bidness...personally and professionally...searching for ukes and hanging around these parts has had to take a back seat.

Of course my UAS told me I had to pick up an 8 string uke for an upcoming project recently. :rolleyes::p

I do feel like the monkey isn't as heavy as it was though.

Craigslist & Ebay a daily habit. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom