Which CASE?!

MisoHappy

Reaction score
I'm going to buy new a tweed case for my new ukulele :D I'm absolutely positive I want a tweed.

Just one holdup though, which MODEL?

Regular

Rectangle

This is my first time asking a question like this (I think), but I RLY RLY RLY need help this time. I know some of yall have one of these, what can you tell me?

Oh, but I forgot to tell yall about my new uke! I totally forgot. It's a Kala Ka-KTE-C, curly koa, active pickup, cutaway, came with Aquila's (which I am changing ASAP!)

Thanks in advance for the help, I know I can always come straight here for advice :)

Congrats on the sweet new uke.

I'd definitely go for a shaped case. The extra room in the car trunk is useful. You wouldn't think so, but it really is if you're lugging an amp, mic, stands, etc around. Plus I just think it looks better.

Anyone else?

go for the non-rectangle case

I vote regular. You sure you want tweed? Can't put stickers on it. Just my opinion.

I don't know why but I like the rectangular one. It has this nice look to it but then again I've never been to keen on cases that show off the fact you are lugging around a uke or guitar.

Congrats on the sweet new uke.

I'd definitely go for a shaped case. The extra room in the car trunk is useful. You wouldn't think so, but it really is if you're lugging an amp, mic, stands, etc around. Plus I just think it looks better.

Anyone else?

Yeah, size is always a factor. I think the only reason I'm partial to the rectangular is because It looks like an electric guitar case :D

thanks btw, and we didn't spend a penny on her

I have one of each... I love them both. Get the shaped.

The reason being airline travel. At tenor size, ukes are just over most overhead bin regulations... they tend to overlook it because of the the thin neck. It is MUCH easier to cram into the bin and thus aviod checking it at the door.

If you don't fly, then it's almost a non-issue, but as John said, trunk space can be a pain too.

As for stickers... Aldrine has stickers all over his tweed case. Seems to be ok.

Tweed shaped case! I will be getting one myself soon, they look cool and vintage.

I have one of each... I love them both. Get the shaped.

The reason being airline travel. At tenor size, ukes are just over most overhead bin regulations... they tend to overlook it because of the the thin neck. It is MUCH easier to cram into the bin and thus aviod checking it at the door.

If you don't fly, then it's almost a non-issue, but as John said, trunk space can be a pain too.

As for stickers... Aldrine has stickers all over his tweed case. Seems to be ok.

I forgot Aldrine has a tweed, haha. I feel like wannabe D: Yay @ the sticker thing, though!

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I can just drive to MGM's if get the rectangular, otherwise I have to order it, but I guess it doesn't matter much anymore.

EDIT: I don't travel very often, at most twice a year, and that's only to Kauai :)

Last edited:
...Just drive to MGM's... Do you know how much that hurts? :D I'm insanely jealous. If I could, I'd live in Honolulu.

...Just drive to MGM's... Do you know how much that hurts? :D I'm insanely jealous. If I could, I'd live in Honolulu.

Haha, don't be too jealous, Hawaii isn't ALL that great when your stuck here. I would love to travel further than to Kauai. T.T

Do you know how long that drive is?! From Mililani to Kaneohe? That's a killer drive :D Jk

I would (and have) gone for the regular case unless of course you are trying to fit a cigar box uke...then, a rectagular case maight be the right choice! *Just being maddeningly unhelpful, aren't I?*
:nana::music:

I would (and have) gone for the regular case unless of course you are trying to fit a cigar box uke...then, a rectagular case maight be the right choice! *Just being maddeningly unhelpful, aren't I?*
:nana::music:

Nah, you just made me realize how much I want a cigar box uke D:

A lot more ppl have tweed than I expected

I seem to be following you amongst the threads today -- Do you know how far the drive to California is from Minnesota? Then the swim to Hawaii would be no picnic either.

I don't know where you live. I do know where MGM is located. I looked it up on a map. I think I've driven through there years ago.

And, IMO, Hawaii is fabulous. What don't you like? It's got great weather, beautiful scenery, it smells heavenly, Honolulu is lovely, it's got everything you need plus more. What a lifestyle. It suits me! (I'm still jealous!:D)

I love my tweed case. Unfortunately so does my cat and I've caught her using it as a scratching post a few times.

I love my tweed case. Unfortunately so does my cat and I've caught her using it as a scratching post a few times.

Oh NO!!!! I have a cat too. I'll have to guard it from that little monster

I seem to be following you amongst the threads today -- Do you know how far the drive to California is from Minnesota? Then the swim to Hawaii would be no picnic either.

I don't know where you live. I do know where MGM is located. I looked it up on a map. I think I've driven through there years ago.

And, IMO, Hawaii is fabulous. What don't you like? It's got great weather, beautiful scenery, it smells heavenly, Honolulu is lovely, it's got everything you need plus more. What a lifestyle. It suits me! (I'm still jealous!:D)

I live right smack dab in the middle of Oahu, up on a hill, in Mililani. At least we get all the rain :p

It's not so much that I don't like it here, but I just wanna see something else. And what heavenly smell, you said you wanted to live in Honolulu? Smells like asphalt and exhaust, blech. Now if you were to go to Maui now there's a nice smell.

I've got everythin I need, plus a shizload of Homework -3-

Top Bottom