New e-book - Dowland on the Uke :)

I was looking at the sample and was wondering if the actual product also contains the actual notes above the tablature?

I'm very happy to see such a collection is available but I have a lot of trouble just going by tabs alone.

I liked the sample, what's the range of complexity over the rest of the songs? :)

I was looking at the sample and was wondering if the actual product also contains the actual notes above the tablature?

I'm very happy to see such a collection is available but I have a lot of trouble just going by tabs alone.

The book is only in tablature - sorry! But proper tablature with rhythm symbols and everything.

I've been considering doing a second version in standard notation so more people can enjoy it but I'm unsure about the demand - your comment has strongly influenced me to do it but I can't promise anything!

Jamie

I liked the sample, what's the range of complexity over the rest of the songs? :)

As far as difficulty to play or musically?

With difficulty, that is possibly the easiest piece (Dowland composed hard music and although I've made the arrangements as easy as I can, many of them are still tricky.).

I wouldn't say they're they're very difficult though, but a lot harder than my other e-book (Blame Not my Uke).

Musically, they can be very interesting - as Dowland was an exceptional composer!

I hope this helps!

Jamie

Lute music should sound great on a Uke, particularly a larger one like a Tenor. Good for you for doing this!
I'll second the idea of adding "real" notation. This would let non-Uke players play your music too.

Top Bottom