koa fluke thoughts?

uke142464

Reaction score
I saw this uke a while ago on the fluke website but haven't seen anything else about it anywhere other than a video on YT of a guy playing alberta alberta on one. I was wondering if anyone here has played one or heard one or has any opinions. thanks :D

I like the flea, I like the fluke. I played the koa fluke and I also liked it, but by far not enough to satisfy the price tag. The difference in sound compared to a pine-topped fluke was noticeable, but not really definite. I wouldn´t even say it sounded "better", just "different".

Flukes and fleas are very nice instruments. My fluke has gotten plenty of family room play time. The Koa Fluke is the top-of-the-line model. If you have the extra cash and want one, go for it. I bought a natural fluke with a tenor neck, but will eventually get a Flea (pineapple, or surf) with a rosewood fingerboard some day.

Regards,
Ray

I've played 2 of them and I love them. Are they worth the extra money? How long are you going to keep it? If you keep it forever, it's only a penny extra a day.

Thats a great way of putting it, im going to use that when i try to convince people its okay im getting yet another uke! lol

If you want that different look and sound with a fluke, you could try the Mahogany top fluke or maybe find a nice piece of wood that they can trim down for your fluke.

I've played 2 of them and I love them. Are they worth the extra money? How long are you going to keep it? If you keep it forever, it's only a penny extra a day.

wow.

I love it when people can change the way you look at something with just a few words.

werd

Why do you need another uke? You got two already and you want to be given another one?

How about 5 extra ukes. If they are all different they have to sound different. When I play at the Uke Joint (our coffee house's uke night once a month) we all get two sets of one to three songs and different songs sometimes sound better on different ukes. That only makes sense.

Joe T

I only play one because the other is signed by jake. and I don't entirely see whats wrong with having an extra ukulele to play.
All the more reason to play the hell out of that uke. I wonder if Jake signs all those ukes to make relics out of them, or to encourage players to keep playing. If you practice until the sig fades, go back and have him sign it again, now that would be a great story.

All the more reason to play the hell out of that uke. I wonder if Jake signs all those ukes to make relics out of them, or to encourage players to keep playing. If you practice until the sig fades, go back and have him sign it again, now that would be a great story.

sorry, but I don't agree with that reasoning

i would get it, i dont see a problem buying another uke. the more the better!

and i have heard it live before, and it sounds fantastic. i might buy one my self. :D

Top Bottom