PDA

View Full Version : making uke videos

sputnik1nz
08-18-2009, 12:33 AM
i was just wondering if anyone uses a good free video maker. i want to be able to record my playing plus add a drum track. I wanna be a star!! :shaka:

any suggestions?

AnnaUK
08-18-2009, 01:45 AM
I think it depends what computer you've got.

If you're on Mac, iMovie is supposed to be pretty good. If you're on PC, then there isn't really a free equivalent. You can use MovieMaker for basic stuff, but not multi-tracking.

I use Sony Vegas. You can download a free 30 day trial to see if you like it. Just do a search for it. If you get on ok with it, you could buy it then. I did and I've made loads of videos, as the fine people on here know all too well! :D

I use Audacity for the audio, which is a free download. That's pretty easy to use. You could add the drum track on there and then put the whole lot into MovieMaker I suppose. I've never tried!

I'm sure some technically minded people will help you more, my knowledge is very limited.

Good luck :)
Anna

hoosierhiver
08-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Find a buddy with a good sense of rythem. Bands are fun.

casetone2514
08-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Find a buddy with a good sense of rythem. Bands are fun.

They are indeed!

The free Movie editors I have tried as downloads have all been terrible and I am too tight to buy one so I use MSMoviemaker and, although it is a pain to get used to, it is not too bad when you get used to it and you can multitrack, particularly if you use a separate audio editor like Audacity.

Mayercaster
08-18-2009, 05:10 AM
I think it depends what computer you've got.

If you're on Mac, iMovie is supposed to be pretty good. If you're on PC, then there isn't really a free equivalent. You can use MovieMaker for basic stuff, but not multi-tracking.

I use Sony Vegas. You can download a free 30 day trial to see if you like it. Just do a search for it. If you get on ok with it, you could buy it then. I did and I've made loads of videos, as the fine people on here know all too well! :D

I use Audacity for the audio, which is a free download. That's pretty easy to use. You could add the drum track on there and then put the whole lot into MovieMaker I suppose. I've never tried!

I'm sure some technically minded people will help you more, my knowledge is very limited.

Good luck :)
Anna

Or crack it ;)

sputnik1nz
08-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Rad!!:shaka: i will give audacity a go first and make sure the audio is ok then i will just have to look into purchasing a video editor.

Thanx team

-Chris

ukulele2544
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Before the one I use now I use to use this (http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html).