PDA

View Full Version : My Ko'Aloha Story

Rubbertoe
08-18-2009, 01:36 AM
I don’t even know where to begin. Last Friday morning, I found myself following the confused directions of my rental GPS, driving in Honolulu to visit an unknown ukulele factory (unknown because my then girlfriend wanted to surprise me) to take a tour and pick up my birthday gift, a new uke (I knew she was buying me a uke because I have not been allowed to even think of buying a uke since May but that’s all she would tell me – she ordered me a uke).

I make a left turn into what looked like an industrial park and then I see the sign. The back-to-back “k” logo, representing the King of Kings, of Ko’Aloha! My eyes light up as I suppress a little-girl-like squeal of delight. As I pull into a spot and pop the trunk to grab my DSLR and video camera, I look over and see Papa Ko’Aloha himself. We exchange “Alohas” and I’m more excited than if I had met Bruce Lee, Elvis or possibly, dare I say it, Jake. I truly respect Alvin Okami. Despite all the great press Ko’Aloha gets in the media and all the personal compliments he receives, he remains a very fatherly, down-to-earth man, respecting all the gifts that God has given him – and that’s how he sees his life and explains away his vast array of talents and successes: as a series of gifts given to him from the One above. It’s actually quite humbling hearing him explain his success in the ukulele business. At one point in the tour, Brian, our tour guide and one of the Ko’Aloha journeymen, was showing us a contraption designed and built by Pops to cut the grooves in the fret board (for the fret wire), the grooves in the bridge or the grooves in the nut in a single pass. Pops stops working on the series of Pineapple Sundays he’s been carefully assembling and personally explains this ‘miracle’ device. I say ‘miracle’ because Pops explains that his invention of this machine could only be divinely inspired.

“People call me a genius…I can’t even balance my chequebook. How could a guy like me build this?” he asks. Papa Ko’Aloha goes on to tell us that he built the machine with no plans. He thought about what it should do and that eventually led to what it should look like and how it would work. He drew no schematics, wrote down no measurements. He conceived the idea, orchestrated and memorized the 300+ steps required to build it and simply put it together. He then tells us that he was so scared of turning it on for the first time (for fear of failure and/or possible personal injury if it was not built properly) that he stood there for hours with his finger on the power switch. When he finally pressed the button, it purred like a cat and brought tears to his eyes. And as he explains that only God could inspire someone like him to create something like that, the tears come again. I hold back an urge to give him a hug.

This is merely a part of the reason I love this company. I have seen the short films. I have read the articles in the media. I have read the posts on the forums. They all say the same thing – Ko’Aloha is a company that exemplifies customer service. What I have also seen, is that Ko’Aloha is also a place of family and a place of spirituality (watch/read interview with Pops, you’ll see what I mean). And while I would have been more than happy to have a new uke from any company (my then girlfriend, only knew of the three big “K” companies: Ko’Aloha, Kanile’a and Kamaka – who wouldn’t be overjoyed with any of these options?), I was secretly hoping for a Ko’Aloha. I had a surprise of my own.

Before the tour began, Pops showed me his newest, third addition to his Masterpiece collection, what he fondly calls the Jukulele – a finely made uke with tremendous sound and which also looks like a 50’s American jukebox! As I marvel at the amount of detail in this piece of artwork, he walks over to the showroom display of ukes and starts tuning one from the wall. He turns around and then presents me with my new baby, a tenor Sceptre! I have been drooling over the Sceptre ever since it’s introduction in 2007 (July 7th, 2007 to be exact: 7/7/7). And on the side of the uke, looking up at me whenever I look down, are the words: “Roberto, You are my comfort, my solace, and my rock. Love, Jolene”. I was stunned at both the beauty of the message and the beauty of the instrument. As Jolene is filming Pops presenting me with my uke, he asks Brian to take the camera as he invites Jolene to sit in front of me while I play my first song on my new uke just for her. As you can see, Mr. Okami is a romantic. Not to be out done in the romance department by either Pops or Jolene, I decide to play/sing “1,2,3,4” by the Plain White T’s and put my plan of surprise into action (many “Mahalos” and much respect to Aldrine for selecting this song for one of his many amazing lessons http://ukuleleunderground.com/2009/05/01/uke-lesson-17-1234/). The result? I blew it. I fail abysmally. Even after practicing the song hundreds of times over the last couple of months, I get stage fright/camera shy and forget both the lyrics and the chord progression to the song (and did I mention Brian was recording this whole embarrassing ordeal?). After take a pause and recompose myself a little, I begin the chorus and sing the line: “There’s only one thing, to say, FOUR words, for you: Will you marry me? Jolene, will you marry me?”. Well, as I was hoping (especially since Brian was still filming me play – he’s the voice you’ll hear scream “He just proposed!”), I pull the ring box out of my pocket to prove that I’m serious (and not screwing-up the lyrics yet again) and she said “yes”. But the surprises weren’t done there. After explaining that I felt Ko’Aloha represented such great mana of family and spirituality and that I wanted to propose to Jolene in a place that cares as much about those things as I do (as opposed to a beach or a restaurant), Papa Ko’Aloha did something that I never would have expected in a thousand years. He thanked us for sharing our special moment with them! He then gave me the Sceptre as our wedding gift! I was stunned and gripped the uke tighter to make sure I didn’t drop it as my hands began to shake. After the tour, he even invited us to share the lunch they prepared of the Ko’Aloha family (unfortunately, we were on a tight schedule that day and had to sadly decline his generous offer). I will forever consider Alvin and Brian (as well as everyone at Ko’Aloha) as a part of my family for this experience that they have given me.

People always describe a trip to the Hawaiian islands as the trip of a lifetime and I whole-heartedly agree; not because of the the things I have done or the things I will bring back with me. It’s because of the people I have met. Papa Ko’Aloha was just the first of many people I have chatted with, experiencing the feeling that I’m simply catching-up an old friend. People were always willing to give this haole advice (how to get to where we were going or what to see to experience the real Hawaii), explaining the history of the culture or simply teaching me words from the Hawaiian language. Over the past four days and three islands, I have found that the spirit of Aloha is alive and well indeed. More than a new and beautiful fiancé or a new and beautiful uke, this is what I will bring back to the big city from Hawaii: Aloha.

If you want to check out the vid click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0cWzqAdH4

Mahalo

deach
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
So awesome! Congrats!

dnewton2
08-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Congrats on the beginning of a life with someone you love. Very cool story too. Makes me want a Koaloha.

UkeNinja
08-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Great story! And congrats on a beautiful ukulele and a caring partner, those are some real treasures you've got there.

edit: ...and that video is a touching piece man, great stuff!

wfwhitson
08-18-2009, 04:22 AM
That was a really nice story, I wached your vid. I must say it even brought a tear of happyness to my eyes. Here is wishing you both many, many years of happyness.

Ronnie Aloha
08-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Wow! The Okamis and Ko'Aloha are truly a class act. You have a wonderful and thoughtful finance and I wish you the best as your journey in life continues as one.

I guess we won't be seeing that Sceptre on ebay anytime soon!;)

grownupboy
08-18-2009, 04:42 AM
wow! that's such a great story, thanks for sharing with us!

i've been circling around a pineapple sunday for sometime now... seeing this video made my mind up. this is the kind of company i want to support and i'll be thrilled to play a koaloha uke too! now i just gotta get married... LOL!

k

JT_Ukes
08-18-2009, 04:48 AM
I'm Vaclempt.. talk amongst yourselvs...

baumer
08-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing! Much happiness to you and your fiance!

bbycrts
08-18-2009, 05:14 AM
No fair to make me puddle up while I'm at work...not a very manly thing to do in this manly environment! Thank YOU for sharing your story!

Howie1947
08-18-2009, 05:30 AM
What a wonderful gesture by KoAloha...............Wonderful people...........Truly a "class act"...........Congrats and many yrs of happiness and joy together...........Howie

cocohonk
08-18-2009, 05:58 AM
AWWW!!!! That is just about the sweetest thing ever. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations! To the happy couple!

Amy
08-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Dammit, that's beautiful. The uke, your Jolene, your song. Everything. Congratulations!

Ahnko Honu
08-18-2009, 06:06 AM
WOW, What a unforgettable experience, and blessing. Best wishes on your future. ;)

6stringconvert
08-18-2009, 06:50 AM
A truly beautiful story.

The very best to your future.

6sc

RyanMFT
08-18-2009, 07:34 AM
That was wonderful, you are a lucky man! What a great uke, what a spectacular woman! Best to both of you!

ukeshale
08-18-2009, 07:40 AM
What a beautiful story. A million congratulations. A perfect day you'll never forget

pithaya9
08-18-2009, 07:41 AM
What a great story. One could not have planned a better vacation in Hawai'i. Congrats on your engagement.:D

Jack

sukie
08-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Wow! That whole thing was incredible! You never ever forget how you got engaged and this is the story of a lifetime. Enjoy the blessing of the ukulele.

KoAloha is even more outstanding than ever. What a company!

Lori
08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
It looks like you guys are off to a great start! Congratulations on finding each other! Thanks for sharing your story.

–Lori

GX9901
08-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Wow, I actually got goosebumps watching that video. Congradulations!

I guess if you had any UAS tendencies this should pretty much put a stone cold lockdown on it though. I can't imagine you ever want another uke. I mean, that's like the ultimate custom ukulele. :D

Congrats again!

GrumpyCoyote
08-18-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm a cynical old SOB, and that even got to me... Congrats you two.

I loved Pops saying "it's like it's singing for you..."

russ_buss
08-18-2009, 09:52 AM
an amazing story. congratulations to you both!

the folks at koaloha are just too cool for school.:shaka:

UkuleleHill
08-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I watched this morning! CONGRATS!!!!!

fatfingers75
08-18-2009, 03:33 PM
nice man what a perfect way to proposed

DeG
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
That was awesome! Best of luck to you crazy kids!

dominicfoundthemooon
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
WOW!! i loved your story!!!!!! just LOVED IT!! i am a romantic also! and yes papa and the whole family are just GREAT GREAT people!!!! i got engaged on diamond head in december.. i also went to the shop... i am having a uke made for me as we speak and i am hoping to pick it up on the 10th of October when i get hitched in hawaii!!

koaloha = magic! for real.. best in the biz.. in sound.. and in people..

Kaneohe til the end
08-18-2009, 08:44 PM
congrats man, i was tripping out when i heard you proposed, i would have congratulated you then, but they told me after you had left.

koalohapaul
08-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Congrats, Roberto. May you have a lifetime unique adventures together. I would have said happiness, but being married isn't always happy, but it is always worth it. I didn't even realize that you were THE Roberto.

We were talking about it after you left, and I put two and two together. Brian asked me to engrave something to a Roberto, a few weeks ago. I picked a nice graphic, plotted it out, and got it done. All the while, I was thinking, how nice. When you folks came and Brian introduced you, the light bulb wasn't even dim.

Kanaka916
08-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Cngrats Brah! All the happiness to both of you. I'm also glad you got to see a side of Hawai'i and what the Aloha Spirit is about. Not everyone who visits the islands has that opportunity. A truly cherishable moment.

Boozelele
08-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Way cool. I feel like someone should start the "slow clap"....so here goes.......clap...........clap..........clap...... ........clap.......clap.....clap...clap..
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap:shaka:

kailua
08-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Congratulations Roberto and Jolene!!! Thanks for sharing this intimate moment. Wishing you many years of happiness and good health. KoAloha rocks!

polynesianpop
08-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Congratulations! You are a lucky man :)

molokinirum
08-19-2009, 05:41 AM
WOW what an awesome event!!! God bless the KoAloha family and you Roberto and Jolene and have a very long and happy life together!!

LameLefty
08-19-2009, 08:08 AM
What a wonderful story! Congratulations to you both. :)

Makes me glad I have a Ko'Aloha of my own - I like to support companies I believe in and which exemplify the way things should be done right!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Congratulations to the three of you. You've experienced what few guests to Hawaii ever do, the true meaning of ALOHA. May you bring that spirit into your marriage and carry it with you for the rest of your lives.
PAUL: Someone over there needs to get a minister's license! I can see it, Ko'Aloha Ukuleles and Wedding Chapel........

Ahnko Honu
08-19-2009, 10:14 AM
You have to name your firstborn Alvin now. :D

sukie
08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
You have to name your firstborn Alvin now. :D

Lol!

Rubbertoe
08-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I've just gotten back home (to reality :( ). Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. The spirit of aloha started with Pops and just went on from there on every island we went to. Mismo (who worked at an art gallery in Honolulu) gave us a "to see" list for our visit to Big Island that took us off the more touristy path, Cynthia at the farmer's market in Kapaa gave us free coconuts to drink while talking to us about farming on Kauai, Uncle Joe (The Ukulele Store, Old Koloa Town) who talked to us for hours about everything from the differences between the islands, to the differences between Kauai now and Kauai of days gone by to the Reinstated Lawful Hawaiian Government and about ukuleles (of course) and his son, Samuel (Larry's Music in Kapaa) who let me play a 1920's Martin Soprano (I could only strum 3 chords for fear of breaking it or more likely, of buying it), Dave from the Hilo farmer's market who told us where we could go diving for lost golf balls on Kauai and Paul, a retiree living on Kauai, who we met in Lihue and then again in Chicago (he was flying out of Kauai the same time we were) who talked to us about playing the uke and then invited us to give him a call if we wanted to jam with him and his friends or find some good live music the next time we were on the islands.
Aloha was everywhere! This was truly the vacation of a lifetime. And not to get too preachy (I'm spiritual, but I don't often press my opinions on others) but as Papa Ko'Aloha told us, God really is everywhere you look (especially on the islands - or maybe God's just easier to see there where the pace is just a little slower and people enjoy stopping to smell the flowers at the side of the road instead of trampling them to get to their next meeting). I have this unbelieveable desire to pay it forward. Maybe that's the real gift of Hawai'i.

sukie
08-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Amen, Rubbertoe. I've really enjoyed your travelog. Hawaii indeed seems to be a magical place for lots of people. That's why we love it so much.

Lori
08-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Your vacation sounds great. And so memorable! My husband (27 years married) and I are planning our first Hawaiian vacation to be in early October. We have our Maui housing arranged, but not our Kauai accommodations. I notice a lot of the condos/ hotel rooms are for families, and we are just a couple. Do you guys have any recommendations for couples staying in Kauai (3 or 4 nights)? I am looking at the north shore as first choice, and east shore next. I'd like sometime nice but not too expensive (need money for more ukes!). Did you see any good ukulele stores on Kauai, or should I do most of my serious looking on Maui? I understand some car rental places have combo deals with hotels? Is that only for the expensive places, or are there some bargain (under $200 a night) deals?

–Lori

3nails4holes
08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
what an awesome story to tell your children & grandchildren on down. thank you so much for sharing it with us and on youtube.

my wife and i really enjoyed it!

i was given my first ukulele by haolejohn who also had a great blessing experience from ko'aloha. he wanted to bless me with that gift just like he was blessed. i am deeply thankful for the generosity of those who are open to God's calling.

roberto & jolene--you will get loads of unsolicited marriage advice between now & well... you'll still get loads then too. so, here's our advice.

1) in your yearly budget (make one!--that's a piece of free advice), make room for some kind of marriage building conference, workshop, book or something! don't think that marriage conferences are just for couples in danger of divorce. couples who are serious about their dedication to a sound marriage will really work on their marriage. remember, the natural tendency of marriage over time is separation and isolation. God's desire for marriage is relationship and oneness. we really enjoyed the conferences put on by family life (http://www.familylife.com/site/c.dnJHKLNnFoG/b.3204559/k.F5BB/Attend_a_conference.htm).

2) before you get married or as soon as you can, read "marriage masterpiece" by al janssen. my wife and i read that the summer before we got married while we were apart. i was leading a mission trip to panama and she was trying to plan everything while i was away. it really helped to set a biblical foundation for our marriage that has lasted through both good times & bad. (http://www.amazon.com/Your-Marriage-Masterpiece-Amazing-Together/dp/1589972287/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250971134&sr=8-1)

mahalo for sharing your story!

mahalo to ko'aloha for sharing God's love!

i'm saving up for a pineapple sunday!
:shaka:

lukuleles
08-22-2009, 07:02 PM
that is one awesome story!

Sarkrates
08-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Wow, such an awesome story!! The peeps at Koaloha are truly amazing. I was there just a couple days before you, and saw your new uke with the engraving, I must say i was moved, just by seeing it, and pointed it out to my wife with a jealous eye. While we were there Popa koaloha showed us his latest masterpeice, and him and Gordon Mark put on a mini concert for my family, they sang three songs and absolutly were awesome. Then Gordon invited me back the next day and spent about an hour teaching me some really neat fingerpicking stuff, and gave me a bunch of material to work on. I can't say enough about what great people everyone over there is, my family was blown away since they really knew nothing aboiut ukes. Everyone went away saying how cool of an experience it was. Sounds like yours even topped that. Congrats, what an awesome way to propose!!

Sark

Waiting for New Koaloha Tenor!!!

pigwig
08-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Aw, that was such a cute story, and seeing the video made me get misty with happiness. Sounds like the most awesome trip ever. Congratulations! May you be happy forever and ever amen.

NatalieS
08-23-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't know you guys, but I feel like I do because that video made me tear up something awful! Congratulations on your UKE and your FIANCE and I wish you the best!! :)

pamelamama
08-23-2009, 11:38 AM
so romantic! what a great way to start off a life together!

csr5z
08-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Incredible! What a beautiful video. God bless you both!

ukeskywalker79
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
This is such an incredible and touching story. Thank you so much for sharing. My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii and I miss being there. God Bless the two of you as you begin a new chapter in your lives together. :)

Rubbertoe
08-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Your vacation sounds great. And so memorable! My husband (27 years married) and I are planning our first Hawaiian vacation to be in early October. We have our Maui housing arranged, but not our Kauai accommodations. I notice a lot of the condos/ hotel rooms are for families, and we are just a couple. Do you guys have any recommendations for couples staying in Kauai (3 or 4 nights)? I am looking at the north shore as first choice, and east shore next. I'd like sometime nice but not too expensive (need money for more ukes!). Did you see any good ukulele stores on Kauai, or should I do most of my serious looking on Maui? I understand some car rental places have combo deals with hotels? Is that only for the expensive places, or are there some bargain (under $200 a night) deals?

–Lori

Hmmm.... I'm not sure about what accomodations to recommend specifically for couples. I was also on the south shore. I used my family's timeshare so it was a famiy oriented place as well. but when i was there, i really only spent time at the resort at night. i was out of the resort around 9 every morning and then back for dinner around 7 or 8.
I arranged for everything else (flights and car rentals) through Expedia. On Kauai, the rental place (Avis) noticed that I was paying more than they would charge (I think they had a promotion going on that Expedia wasn't aware of) and they discounted the cost of the rental AND upgrade my compact car to a Jeep (awesome!).
Sites like Expedia (or iTravel 2000, etc) usually have deals if you book everything all together (flights and/or hotel and/or car rentals).
As for ukulele shops, I went to Larry's Music (Kapaa) and The Ukelele Store (Koloa Town). Samuel (Larry's) let me play any and every uke I even looked at (and jammed with me for a couple tunes too) while Uncle Joe (he invited me to call him Uncle - it's the islander thing to do with elders) at the Ukulele Store (Samuel's father) talked to me forever about everything, regaled me with stories of the islands and of course, let me play any uke that caught my attention. There's also another uke store just a little while from Larry's that I wasn't able to pop into. It used to be Bounty Music, but now it called something else. Oh, btw, the uke stores usually close around 5pm but if you get to chatting with them, they'll stay open longer. I kept Samuel open another hour than he planned to and all I was going to buy were some strings (but ended up walking out with a G-String soprano - damn UAS).
I hope this helps! Aloha and if you enjoy your trip even a fraction as much as I enjoyed mine, it will be the experience of you lives.

Rubbertoe
08-29-2009, 03:37 AM
what an awesome story to tell your children & grandchildren on down. thank you so much for sharing it with us and on youtube...

...mahalo for sharing your story!

mahalo to ko'aloha for sharing God's love!

i'm saving up for a pineapple sunday!

Mahalo for the advice! My parents took one of those courses and it changed their marriage so much (for the better, of course). And coincidentally, my mom's twin sis and her husband are actually marriage counsellors in the Philippines!
Enjoy your Pineapple Sunday (I may have to get me one of those as well - they're such awesome ukes! Did you see the one Victoria Vox plays?).

Rubbertoe
08-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Wow, such an awesome story!! The peeps at Koaloha are truly amazing. I was there just a couple days before you, and saw your new uke with the engraving, I must say i was moved, just by seeing it, and pointed it out to my wife with a jealous eye. While we were there Popa koaloha showed us his latest masterpeice, and him and Gordon Mark put on a mini concert for my family, they sang three songs and absolutly were awesome. Then Gordon invited me back the next day and spent about an hour teaching me some really neat fingerpicking stuff, and gave me a bunch of material to work on. I can't say enough about what great people everyone over there is, my family was blown away since they really knew nothing aboiut ukes. Everyone went away saying how cool of an experience it was. Sounds like yours even topped that. Congrats, what an awesome way to propose!!

Sark

Waiting for New Koaloha Tenor!!!

That's awesome that you saw it before I did! I feel like you were in on the surprise too. It's even funnier because it was hanging on the wall when we walked in and I remember looking at their wall of standard models, Sceptres, Pineaple Sundays and customs and thinking: this is amazing - I'm in heaven. And I didn't even notice my uke hanging there right under my nose! The Ko'Aloha family is such a great bunch of people. I can't even think of the word to properly describe them - they're almost too good to be true.

Ace-T
08-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Wow! My husband (of 21 years) and I have just been in tears watching your vid. What a lovely story and thank you for sharing. May you be as happy as we are, congratulations.

Ace-T :)

Sarkrates
08-30-2009, 05:30 AM
Yeah, it was hanging on the wall, the first Sceptre I have seen too, a real beauty. I was pretty surprised to see you were a poster here at UU too, when I read your post and watched the video, It was almost like being in on it. I was like hey, I saw that two days before he got it! And I had never heard of having a uke engraved like that, your lady is awful thoughtful, you better treasure both the uke and her because they are both quite special.

Sark

Lori
08-30-2009, 07:02 AM
As for ukulele shops, I went to Larry's Music (Kapaa) and The Ukelele Store (Koloa Town). Samuel (Larry's) let me play any and every uke I even looked at (and jammed with me for a couple tunes too) while Uncle Joe (he invited me to call him Uncle - it's the islander thing to do with elders) at the Ukulele Store (Samuel's father) talked to me forever about everything, regaled me with stories of the islands and of course, let me play any uke that caught my attention. There's also another uke store just a little while from Larry's that I wasn't able to pop into. It used to be Bounty Music, but now it called something else. Oh, btw, the uke stores usually close around 5pm but if you get to chatting with them, they'll stay open longer. I kept Samuel open another hour than he planned to and all I was going to buy were some strings (but ended up walking out with a G-String soprano - damn UAS).
I hope this helps! Aloha and if you enjoy your trip even a fraction as much as I enjoyed mine, it will be the experience of you lives.

Thanks for the info. We have all the accommodations lined up now, we will be on the North Shore. Thanks for the low-down on the Uke shops. It might come in handy, if I have any money left by then. The temptation will be to buy every great uke I find, but I can get pretty picky. Sometimes, when I am right there looking at the uke and playing it in a store, I get very hard to impress, especially if the price is high. But those solid wood ukes (they say) get better with age, so it really is a difficult test.

–Lori

Apfelkuch3n
08-30-2009, 07:44 AM
After seeing the pictures of your new Ukulele I had to read your story. And it is so moving, I've got tears in my eyes. I'm so happy for you, I'd like to give you a hug.

Mahalo and a nice day,
Lou

Spooner
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
That is an AWESOME story!!!

The Okamis and KoAloha staff are class acts all the way!!!

They were extremely helpful and generous towards me when I had my Sunday customized...and after as well.

Congrats on the uke and congrats on your wedding!

May you all make beautiful music together for the rest of your years!

uk_e_punk
09-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Congratulations mate, that is just a fantastic story and Im sat at work here in the UK trying not to blubber like a big girls blouse!!!:love: