Pimp your UKE!...or have I lost it?

Ukeffect

Reaction score
Hi ya'll! I finally got a fluke about 2-3 weeks ago, just a concert mango...nothing special, but now I know why people love their flukes and fleas! The action, sound and intonation are an eye opener. Not one to be satisfied with anything I buy (got to pimp it out, ya know?) I started looking for something to make it mine...rosettes?( no, I'm no luthier)...rosette sitckers, waterslide, decals etc? More up my alley, and I didn't want to risk ruining it with a bad paint job...so I decided on these japanese inlay stickers from Evil-Bay. My question to ya'll...do you like it, or did I go to far? By the way, didn't affect the sound one little bit.
fluke4.jpg
fluke3.jpg
Fluke1.jpg
fluke2.jpg

Thats some funky pimped out uke! I love it!!

Yeah, you went too far. There is only one remedy: pack the thing up in a cozy box, and ship it to northern Norway, where it'll be safe from any more pimping.

Last edited:
The big question is do you like it, that is all that matters.

Yes it is pretty cool, been thinking of some of those stickers myself.

What kind of stickers are those? Are they vinyl or similar?

I like the idea of what you've done there. Might have to do some Flea pimping myself :)

Here is a link to some folks in Japan who sell instrument inlay stickers:

http://inlaystickers.ocnk.net/product-list/2

They have a great selection, very diversified.

I just bought some from them and the service was excellent...Quick delivery...:D

Is the sticker fairly smooth? I was wondering if it bothered your arm when you strummed.

That looks very good! I'm closing in on senior citizen status. But have given serious consideration to painting my Oscar Schmidt OU-2 purple with lime green polka dots. But alas. I should probably act my age.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

That looks very good! I'm closing in on senior citizen status. But have given serious consideration to painting my Oscar Schmidt OU-2 purple with lime green polka dots. But alas. I should probably act my age.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

Will Jim I think if you like purple, green polka dots, if you like it who cares what others think. I do think you may need a good set of sun glasses when you play tho.

Oh by the way I am a senior citizen, and I have no intenshion of growing up or act my age:eek:ld:

What kind of stickers are those? Are they vinyl or similar?

I like the idea of what you've done there. Might have to do some Flea pimping myself :)

They are made of PET and can be found here http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Jockomo-InlayStickers
He ships them from Japan @ a flat fee of $5 per shipment. Do check it out he has some really decent stuff. It's not quite like the real thing, but for budget minded pimp'n it works! :D

Is the sticker fairly smooth? I was wondering if it bothered your arm when you strummed.
They are extremely smooth, super thin, and go down tight...so make sure you have it right the first time! LOL...I had a devils own time shifting them! They also have some designed just for ukes as well as guitars etc. Apparently this is all the rage in Japan, for young musicians.
:eek:ld:

i like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks good. :shaka:

I've been looking for stuff like this in craft stores. Thanks for the link.

Verrry niiiiccce! Ia also like the sakura decals on their website.

wow, way sweet! hmmm, methinks my ukulele wants to be pimped too...

THANK YOU to WhenDogsSing

Here is a link to some folks in Japan who sell instrument inlay stickers:

http://inlaystickers.ocnk.net/product-list/2

They have a great selection, very diversified.

I just bought some from them and the service was excellent...Quick delivery...:D

THANK YOU for the link. I looked about and found some vinyl car stickers which looked appropriate. Nothing too snazzy, but I like it. Thanks for the suggestion, that was great.

3857629348_8f100e15a9.jpg

Top Bottom