Beater Wanted

Tsani

Reaction score
Got a beater uke you want to sell? I am looking for a uke to take to camp and to the beach. I like old ukes. My main ax is an old Marca Aquila, but I love it too much to subject it to the hazards of outdoor activities.

I like the old 20's and 30's ukes, but I am picky about sound. No buzz, no intonation issues. I have a Lanikai that I absolutely will not play because it sounds so bad. I am curious about Harmony because there are so many on the market, but it has got to be a good player. I like mellower sound of mahogany, but I will consider others.

The brands that interest me at the moment are P'mico, Regal, Favilla, Gretsch, and wooden Mauna Loas (no plastic).

I would also be interested in a Fluke or a Flea if it comes at the right price. I am looking for a used one - not necessarily pretty - under $100.

I am interested in sopranos mainly, I might consider a concert, but no tenors or baritones.

Kay and strings

Hey UKI, I enjoyed the video. I liked the sound of the Kay, but I was really fascinated by the difference in the sound of the Bushman vs. D'Addario strings. I strongly prefer the Bushman. I will have to watch more comparison videos. I have wondered about the Worth strings, so I guess I will do some listening. My Marca Aquila is currently strung with Aquila Nylguts. I didn't think I would like Aquilas at first, but I have gotten used to them. The strings I really don't like are Martins. Why do they make great instruments but sell lousy strings? Or is it just me?

Top Bottom