Kala Travel Ukulele

I Ukulista

Reaction score
I have just had a meeting with my new Kala KA SSTU Travel Ukulele and peoples I am telling you you should all have one. 'Ukuleles to the people I shout'.
Beautiful little instrument superb sound and I have put my preferred low G string on her, yes her I have called her 'la ukulina' because she must have been styled in Italy. I am a very very happy boy (actually I'm 50 but what the hell).

I was very tempted to buy this but opted for the Kala solid all around lacewood tenor.

The “travel” spruce top is impressively loud and you’ll notice the curvature in the back to resonate the sound. As advertised, also impressively very thin. Actually, so thin that it started sliding down my chest as I tried to play it.

I’m thinking of picking up the soprano as a truly compact travel uke. Wish it was cheaper though – for me $100+ does not a beater uke make.

Buy it for it's style. It has a back like a violin. Get a Stagg US 10 to knock about with.
Cordoba are beautiful, are the not?

It’s got style comin out its ears. I love the look of the spruce and yes the violin back is good stuff.

Good call on the Stagg ... looks sorta like the Lanikai entry level soprano.

Yeah man I’m totally diggin the Cordoba. Style-wise it’s very unassuming lacking any sort of insignia on the head. But wow the rope binding and rosette is a very cool touch. Most importantly I really like how it sounds with Worth browns.

I was extremely impressed with the Kala Travel 'ukulele especially the soprano which oosed cuteness as well as having a great sound belying it's small thin body. Good thing it wasn't shaped like a pineapple or I would have given in to temptation.

Hey, the Travel Tenor is my current ukulele too. Congrats, its awesome, isn't it? <3 the bright sound:)

This is a cure for UAS. Everyone of us gets a Kala Travel Uke and then we tell our selves 'that't it, I need nothing else'. Then we go off into life happy and joyful. So at this point we start the KA SSTU appreciation group. KASSTUA.

Top Bottom