PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Ukulele Super Collab Invitation

ihavenotea
08-19-2009, 11:13 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVJ_XIuaU) is an invitation to all the beginner ukulele players on YouTube and the Ukulele Underground to join me in a big collaboration.

The Beginner Ukulele Super Collab

So here is the deal:

You count as a beginner if you have been playing for six months or less
Download the base track from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=46d384e2e3485b56c79b87b207592a1c419fd8b4 247b5423b8eada0a1ae8665a). (pay attention to the extra instructions in that directory)
Listen to the track on headphones and record a video yourself playing along
Upload your video someplace where I can download it (such as mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/)).
PM me on UkuleleUnderground with where I can download your video
I need your videos by September 4th

I will take all the entries and edit them together into a round. It
will be awesome.

Melissa82
08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
This is awesome. When I get some time I will for sure do it!

ihavenotea
08-19-2009, 11:39 AM
This is awesome. When I get some time I will for sure do it!

Awesome! I was hoping you would join the collab, Melissa.

ukeyermind
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd love to get in on this - but do you have a time frame in mind? My skills are low and it takes me for-stupid-ever to learn/record something.

Great idea!

reapefer
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Good luck with it ! I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Since my native langage is french I can tell you you got a good pronunciation, maybe when you say frère the second R can be better ^^' I'll try to post soon a video with my pronunciation (and crap singing skill lol)

ihavenotea
08-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I'd love to get in on this - but do you have a time frame in mind? My skills are low and it takes me for-stupid-ever to learn/record something.

Great idea!

We are singing Frère Jacques. It is one chord. See the end of my video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVJ_XIuaU).

I have seen your stuff. You will be fine.

ihavenotea
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Good luck with it ! I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Since my native langage is french I can tell you you got a good pronunciation, maybe when you say frère the second R can be better ^^' I'll try to post soon a video with my pronunciation (and crap singing skill lol)

Hooray! This project wouldn't be the same without you reapefer.

russ_buss
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
best of luck with your project. sounds neat!

ukeshale
08-20-2009, 01:49 AM
sweet! lookin forward to the video

ihavenotea
08-20-2009, 05:54 AM
sweet! lookin forward to the video

So am I. Now I have to wait for all the participants… I think I gave a fair amount of time. But I am impatient now. I want to start editing!

Soon enough, I suppose.

seeso
08-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Great idea! Get in on this, newbs!

austin1
08-20-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm so down. I'll be in new york til sunday night, but early next week I'll get a video to you

Lori
08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
I just past my 6 month anniversary. I will have to wait for the "less-than-one-year" newbie collab!
–Lori

MissMacadamia
08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Heh, I'm a bit too excited about this. I actually don't have the time, but I'll make some because this is so worth it!! Aah!

liagiba
08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
This sounds awesome! I'll join in too!

hoosierhiver
08-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Great idea, can't wait to see it!

ihavenotea
08-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm so down. I'll be in new york til sunday night, but early next week I'll get a video to you

No problem. That will be great!

Heh, I'm a bit too excited about this. I actually don't have the time, but I'll make some because this is so worth it!! Aah!

Glad you can join us. It shouldn't take too long.

This sounds awesome! I'll join in too!

Super cool.

I can't wait to see everyones pieces.

WS64
08-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Good luck with the contest.

Just for the record, one and half years ago I wanted to do exactly the same (well, audio only), but could not find people being interested to participate, so I recorded my own Frere Jacques (http://www.box.net/shared/8nfpa19ck8) version...

ihavenotea
08-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Good luck with the contest.

Just for the record, one and half years ago I wanted to do exactly the same (well, audio only), but could not find people being interested to participate, so I recorded my own Frere Jacques (http://www.box.net/shared/8nfpa19ck8) version...

That is an awesome recording. Nice stuff.

Ken
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I will gladly take part, soon as I get back home to my ukulele :D.

CoLmes
08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
LOL Seeso.

This project sounds awesome, so clever.

Can't wait to see it.

lisaxy424
08-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Gahhhhh!!!...I'm just a couple months over the rules! :( I can't wait to see it though - what a GREAT idea!!! Good luck and HAVE FUN!

cocohonk
08-24-2009, 11:56 PM
This is a great project! Can't wait to see it.

If only I'm qualified for this!

CountryMouse
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Sooooo...may I do it in Spanish? hehehehe

Also, I'm not sure if my video camera in my Eee also has a record mode. I'll have to check. I swore I wasn't going to put my face on the Intarwebz, but this sounds so much fun, I want to do it!

F is a little high for me, but I think I can do it. I just went in the other room, grabbed my sweet little uke, and ran through it! heee!

Let me know if Spanish is okay! If not, I'll do French. :-) Assuming I can actually make a video. I want to do this!

P.S. If you are the only person that's gonna download the video, I can just put it on my site somewhere and give you the URL, right?

CountryMouse

ihavenotea
08-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Sooooo...may I do it in Spanish? hehehehe

Also, I'm not sure if my video camera in my Eee also has a record mode. I'll have to check. I swore I wasn't going to put my face on the Intarwebz, but this sounds so much fun, I want to do it!

F is a little high for me, but I think I can do it. I just went in the other room, grabbed my sweet little uke, and ran through it! heee!

Let me know if Spanish is okay! If not, I'll do French. :-) Assuming I can actually make a video. I want to do this!

P.S. If you are the only person that's gonna download the video, I can just put it on my site somewhere and give you the URL, right?

CountryMouse

I prefer the original french, as it leaves more unison possibilities when I am editing the video, but you are welcome to do it in spanish if that will make things simpler.

And, yes, PM me the URL and I will download the video.

I think you can still avoid putting your face out there. Film the ukulele close up and you should be fine.

Be sure to use the MP3 I linked on headphones. Otherwise I won't be able to interleave your video with the rest properly (the timing will be off).

I can't wait to see what you can do. Thanks for joining us!

sealcove
08-26-2009, 03:35 PM
As soon as my first ukulele arrives I will give it a shot.

ihavenotea
08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
As soon as my first ukulele arrives I will give it a shot.

Hooray for first ukes!

CountryMouse
08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
I prefer the original french, as it leaves more unison possibilities when I am editing the video, but you are welcome to do it in spanish if that will make things simpler.

And, yes, PM me the URL and I will download the video.

I think you can still avoid putting your face out there. Film the ukulele close up and you should be fine.

Be sure to use the MP3 I linked on headphones. Otherwise I won't be able to interleave your video with the rest properly (the timing will be off).

I can't wait to see what you can do. Thanks for joining us!

Okay, I'll do my best to try to stick with the French--hope I don't slide into a mixture of French and Spanish. :-O

I'm planning on putting the MP3 on my iPod and listening to it that way while taping.

I tried doing a video on my Asus Eee, but there is something that is causing some clicking sounds in the recording. Grrr. My sis makes nice videos with her Canon digital camera, and I have one just like it. Gotta get out my instruction booklet and try that.

I probably will just focus on my ukulele, since I just love the fruit all over it. :-P

CMouse

Ken
08-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I probably will just focus on my ukulele, since I just love the fruit all over it. :-P

CMouse

I'm intrigued. Fruit? Can't wait to see your ukulele :D

Tagaen
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
This is an amazing idea. Count me in! Once I get the damned thing in tune...

[edit] We're not expected to sing along are we? Because believe me... you don't even *want* to hear my attempts at singing!

austin1
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
[edit] We're not expected to sing along are we? Because believe me... you don't even *want* to hear my attempts at singing!

Lol, that's exactly what I said! so I made my friend sing with me, to at least partially mask the awfulness.

ihavenotea
08-27-2009, 01:19 PM
This is an amazing idea. Count me in! Once I get the damned thing in tune...

Oh, but I do! Everyone can sing. It is not uncommon to be uncomfortable with your own voice (I am, even after years and years and years of singing).

However, if singing will keep you from joining in the project, you can film yourself just playing the Ukulele (be sure to play along with my MP3 on some headphones).

Lol, that's exactly what I said! so I made my friend sing with me, to at least partially mask the awfulness.

Your singing was great, Tina! Absolutely no awfulness to be found.

Music is about true and deep communication; sharing feelings, sharing thoughts. Singing is such a direct and vital way to do that. No one should deny themselves this gift.

I am glad you ended up singing in your piece, Tina. Nothing wrong with having a friend join you so you don't feel alone and exposed. Singing with others is another truly wonderful thing.

Tagaen, I do hope you sing—it will be wonderful. And in the final video you won't be singing alone. We will all be singing together!

Either way, I can't wait to see you contribution.

Tagaen
08-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh, but I do! Everyone can sing. It is not uncommon to be uncomfortable with your own voice (I am, even after years and years and years of singing).

However, if singing will keep you from joining in the project, you can film yourself just playing the Ukulele (be sure to play along with my MP3 on some headphones).

Tagaen, I do hope you sing—it will be wonderful. And in the final video you won't be singing alone. We will all be singing together!

Either way, I can't wait to see you contribution.

Hmmmm.... Not sure if I will be singing or not. I used to be in gospel choir but that was singing with people and not on my own. I may do two, one with me singing and one without and you can choose the best one. We'll see.
Do you have the Chords for it? Even simple songs are beyond me without some sort of chords written down at the moment. Cheers

kiddfixit
08-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Videos in on September 4th...Any idea how long it will take to edit?

CountryMouse
08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm intrigued. Fruit? Can't wait to see your ukulele :D

Yes, tropical fruit! It's colourful and cheerful. :-)

I guess I'm addicted to bling--you should see how I decorated my Rock Band guitar. :-D

CMousie

Ser-T-Fide
08-28-2009, 02:05 AM
This is great! Just saw the vid, i'll try post it ASAP, my wife has the camera in South Africa and gets back today. ihavenotea, can we varie up the strum just to give it a hint of flavor or do you want it straight forward?

Lori
08-28-2009, 06:53 AM
I want to sing it in English. Will that ruin it? I already know the translation.

–Lori

ihavenotea
08-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Do you have the Chords for it? Even simple songs are beyond me without some sort of chords written down at the moment. Cheers

Watch the invitation video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVJ_XIuaU) for the chords. There is a whole tutorial after the instructions (around 2:20).

ihavenotea
08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
This is great! Just saw the vid, i'll try post it ASAP, my wife has the camera in South Africa and gets back today. ihavenotea, can we varie up the strum just to give it a hint of flavor or do you want it straight forward?

Please do! As long as your strum improvisations mesh with the MP3 I provided then it will work great (they should unless you really mess with the beat).

That will be cool.

Videos in on September 4th...Any idea how long it will take to edit?

Depends on many things; my free time, how much I have to fight Final Cut…
I will try to get it done in a week. Labor Day should give me some extra time for this.

I want to sing it in English. Will that ruin it? I already know the translation.

If you really, really want to, Lori. Having everyone singing the French lyrics gives me more flexibility when editing and will allow me to do some cool interleaves (I have grandiose plans for how this will be edited!). So I do prefer the French.

Do what you are comfortable with. (Oh, and I am so excited that you will be joining us! Will you be playing the Kiwi Uke???)

KC8AFW
08-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Dude...this is absolute genius! I hope to have time to participate.

Tagaen
08-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Watch the invitation video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVJ_XIuaU) for the chords. There is a whole tutorial after the instructions (around 2:20).

Thanks, I'm having issues with my Uke at the moment though. I can't get the bloody thing in tune. Even took it to the local music shop and it's STILL not in tune.

ihavenotea
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks, I'm having issues with my Uke at the moment though. I can't get the bloody thing in tune. Even took it to the local music shop and it's STILL not in tune.

New ukuleles (or new strings) tend to fall out of tune really quickly (within minutes!). Do you have a tuner? If you don't have a clip on and want to use something on the computer, try TunaPitch (http://www.freeverse.com/apps/app/?id=5012&view=goodies) (on a Mac), or Tartini (http://miracle.otago.ac.nz/postgrads/tartini/) (Mac or Windows).

There are also some dedicated programs for windows… check through this thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18123) (tartini is much more than a tuner; however it can be used as such and is free and works on any computer with a microphone). A clip on tuner will work best, but these other options are free and better than trying to tune by ear.

Hope that helps.

Ser-T-Fide
08-30-2009, 08:02 AM
ihavenotea, i'm curious to know how many peeps have sent in their vids already?

Failey
08-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm having some trouble downloading the contents. :\
mediafire must hate me aha.

Failey
08-30-2009, 08:38 AM
nevermind, I figured it out.

Lori
08-30-2009, 09:53 AM
If you really, really want to, Lori. Having everyone singing the French lyrics gives me more flexibility when editing and will allow me to do some cool interleaves (I have grandiose plans for how this will be edited!). So I do prefer the French.

Do what you are comfortable with. (Oh, and I am so excited that you will be joining us! Will you be playing the Kiwi Uke???)

Hopefully I can get it done in time. The heat has been horrible here, and no AC! That means the windows have to be open, and the urban sound will leak in more. I might have to work this week, but maybe I can do it tomorrow morning. It will be either the Kiwi or the Zebrawood. Any preferences?

–Lori

ihavenotea
08-30-2009, 06:43 PM
ihavenotea, i'm curious to know how many peeps have sent in their vids already?

I have about 8 so far. They look great! I am hoping to get a bunch more as we march toward the deadline.

Hopefully I can get it done in time. The heat has been horrible here, and no AC! That means the windows have to be open, and the urban sound will leak in more. I might have to work this week, but maybe I can do it tomorrow morning. It will be either the Kiwi or the Zebrawood. Any preferences?

Both ukes are tempting, Lori… but I think the Kiwi will stand out better when scaled down into a grid of us all playing together.

It was an unexpectedly warm weekend up here as well. It cooled down today, so hopefully that trend will continue for the entire coast. Otherwise, just take in the urban noises—I have videos where you can hear the little airplanes that go overhead… (I made the mistake of filming my "Happy Together" video on a Saturday afternoon—we live in the landing flight path of a small airport. I had never noticed the pattern of weekend warrior pilots until that day.)

I have also spent a couple hot afternoons trying to get a good take in my office with the fan off and the window closed. That is no fun and I don't recommend it.

What I am trying to say is give me what you can and I will find a way to work with it.

zaiu
08-31-2009, 03:40 AM
this sounds cool. I just don't have the camera confidence for it yet.
can't wait to see the video! :D

ihavenotea
08-31-2009, 05:10 AM

This is a chance to make a video where you won't be alone. The only way to get camera confidence it to get in front of a camera over and over. Unfortunately, that means getting in front of a camera before you have the confidence. It is worth it though.

I work a lot harder on songs that I am planning to post on YouTube than I otherwise would. I find it is a great way to keep pushing myself. (I managed to pull off a jazz piece (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAIlVtJfgM) after only 3 months on the ukulele!)

CountryMouse
08-31-2009, 07:40 AM

Oh, I didn't show my face--you don't have to either. Just have the camera trained on your ukulele. This was the first time I'd EVER made a video, so you should go for it too! It's easy and fun! :-)

CountryMouse

zaiu
08-31-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh, I didn't show my face--you don't have to either. Just have the camera trained on your ukulele. This was the first time I'd EVER made a video, so you should go for it too! It's easy and fun! :-)

CountryMouse

yeah , I just uploaded my first video now with the ukulele showing.:)
I'm gonna do this as well. let me get to it.

ihavenotea
08-31-2009, 08:29 AM
yeah , I just uploaded my first video now with the ukulele showing.:)
I'm gonna do this as well. let me get to it.

Very glad you will be joining us!

And you can film it exactly like you did in your first video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjH_JGAGWT8). That works great.

Lori
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Greggory

OK, I have mine uploaded to my mac.com account public folder. Check your PM for the details.

My singing is a bit iffy, so it will be best if you layer my voice with others.

–Lori

ihavenotea
09-02-2009, 04:52 AM
There are two days left to get me your contribution.

I know there are several of you who expressed interest that haven't sent me anything yet.

If you are going to be slightly late, let me know, and we can probably work it all out.

CountryMouse
09-02-2009, 06:28 AM
There are two days left to get me your contribution.

I know there are several of you who expressed interest that haven't sent me anything yet.

If you are going to be slightly late, let me know, and we can probably work it all out.

I'm getting excited, thinking of what you're going to come up with! :smileybounce:

CountryMouse

brickerenator
09-02-2009, 06:31 AM
My ukulele won't be here in time :(

But good luck with the collaboration!!!

Melissa82
09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm being lazy so I'm not sure if I will get one in on time, lol

ihavenotea
09-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm being lazy so I'm not sure if I will get one in on time, lol

You have defined the beginner forum here on UU all summer!! We can't do this without you!

I will give you a little more time if you need it. Let me know.

Melissa82
09-02-2009, 07:48 AM
You have defined the beginner forum here on UU all summer!! We can't do this without you!

I will give you a little more time if you need it. Let me know.Lazyyyyy, lol...

ihavenotea
09-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Lazyyyyy, lol...

Be careful. I might have to send DominicFoundTheMoon and RussBuss down there to help you through it.

Hmm… I need a better threat…

Melissa82
09-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Be careful. I might have to send DominicFoundTheMoon and RussBuss down there to help you through it.

Hmm… I need a better threat…LOL! Ok, I will try. I've just been busy with cleaning and too much WoW before moving soon.

ihavenotea
09-02-2009, 09:25 AM
LOL! Ok, I will try. I've just been busy with cleaning and too much WoW before moving soon.

Aha! Now I know what to do… I have friends who play WoW. I will have the track you down and nag you to death in the game until I have your video!

*muh-hahahahaha*

Melissa82
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Aha! Now I know what to do… I have friends who play WoW. I will have the track you down and nag you to death in the game until I have your video!

*muh-hahahahaha*Haha... I actually haven't played today. I've been in no mood for some reason. Probably something to do with the fact I've done it all and I'm bored.

ihavenotea
09-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Haha... I actually haven't played today. I've been in no mood for some reason. Probably something to do with the fact I've done it all and I'm bored.

*ihavenotea wonders if he should point out that Mellisa82 could have completed the darn thing in the time it has taken for us to have this little round of internet banter…*

Alright. I will shut up now. I am dangerously close to crossing the line from "playful banter" into "annoying nagging" (if I haven't already).

Melissa82
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
*ihavenotea wonders if he should point out that Mellisa82 could have completed the darn thing in the time it has taken for us to have this little round of internet banter…*

Alright. I will shut up now. I am dangerously close to crossing the line from "playful banter" into "annoying nagging" (if I haven't already).LOL! Well, I've been posting in between cleaning and calling people and getting ready for a physical therapy appointment... lots of multi-tasking going on!

Lori
09-02-2009, 06:28 PM
LOL! Well, I've been posting in between cleaning and calling people and getting ready for a physical therapy appointment... lots of multi-tasking going on!
Melissa, make a video... you will wish you had if you don't! Greg will do an awesome job editing it. Just think of it as more material for your uke blog! And remember, if it helps, you will never get it perfect, so don't get hung up on that.

Come on guys, you know you want to! Get your vids in!

–Lori

Ken
09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I an such a procrastinator =P

I don't have a spare camera to use but I do have a webcam. Are there any ways to record videos with a web cam like you can through Youtube by directly uploading a video through a webcam?

mailman
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I really wish I could have gotten in on this! What a great way to get one's feet wet as far as videos go...

I don't meet the beginner limitations, as I started playing uke in January. And, thusfar I have no video capability. Someday I'll get a webcam....

In the meantime, I anxiously await the finished video!

Good luck, everyone, and have fun!

ihavenotea
09-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Last chance to get your videos in!

If you are going to be late, please PM me and we will work out the details.

Ser-T-Fide
09-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Finally...just waiting waiting waiting.....

ihavenotea
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Finally...just waiting waiting waiting.....

I have to warn you: it's not going to be a quick edit. I will get it put together and posted as quickly as I can, but it may take a week or so.

I have already started on what I can. As I get the remaining videos I will keep plugging along as I have time.

Ser-T-Fide
09-04-2009, 05:18 PM
for sure, i know you're diesel on the productions, it'll be worth the wait.

Doctroid
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm a little too late starting to get in on this... assuming it works out well, I hope someone will do something like it before the next six months are up.

Tagaen
09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
unfortunately I may well have to pull out of this. Uke still isn't tuned and I've not been able to get any practice in due to work. Sorry, maybe next time.

ihavenotea
09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Just want to let everyone know that I have not had as much time to edit the video…

I will try and bang it out this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

ukeyermind
09-09-2009, 01:28 PM
take your time - it'll be sweeter when it's done.

"they say the tardy fruit's a fuller wine."
- Abigail Washburn

mailman
09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
ukeyermind....

That's a great looking case! Do you know who makes it?

ukeyermind
09-10-2009, 02:40 PM
ukeyermind....

That's a great looking case! Do you know who makes it?

Thanks, I like it, too. Kinda has a 40s jazz feel to it. I guess it's called bronze. It was the only one of its kind in the shop on the day I visited Mainland a few weeks ago. I believe a supplier was hoping Mike would start carrying the line. It's got a little metal plate stamped with "Vineyard" - maybe that's the maker.

peace

Ser-T-Fide
09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
ihavenotea any news?

ihavenotea
09-19-2009, 08:16 AM
ihavenotea any news?

I have things mostly edited. Some clean up and then rendering still to do. Getting close.

ihavenotea
09-21-2009, 08:59 PM
My deepest apologies for the very big delay.

The Super Collab is up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5Iv7OuI60) on YouTube.

The big announcement is here (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=212868).

I uploaded it in stunning HD, however at present YouTube is not making it available as such. Hopefully that will change as many of the cool signs you guys made cannot be seen in the low-res version (though they look great and are very readable in the HD version).

Thank you all for contributing to this. Extra special thanks for your patience.

Edit: Looks like the low res version is fairly readable now and the high res version is gorgeous. You guys look great!

CountryMouse
09-22-2009, 05:39 AM
My deepest apologies for the very big delay.

The Super Collab is up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5Iv7OuI60) on YouTube.

The big announcement is here (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=212868).

I uploaded it in stunning HD, however at present YouTube is not making it available as such. Hopefully that will change as many of the cool signs you guys made cannot be seen in the low-res version (though they look great and are very readable in the HD version).

Thank you all for contributing to this. Extra special thanks for your patience.

Thank you so much for doing this! It was wonderful to be a part of something just 4 days after I'd started playing! You did an awesome job!

CountryMouse

cocohonk
09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh, wow! That was one awesome video, and very impressive ukers! Great collaboration!

mailman
09-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Well worth waiting for! Thanks, ihavenotea!

I only wish I could have participated....didn't make the six month limit, and have no video capability.

Maybe this same group, or a slightly expanded group, could do another group colab in another six months or so.... You could make the song just a tad harder (2 chords? 3?) and we could see how the "noobs" are progressing.

I hope to get a web cam or some other video hardware by then....

Boozelele
09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
This is the coolest video ever known to man. Seriously. Even though I'm generally a cynical old man with a bad attitude, this video really moved me. Great job guys/gals. And especially IHAVENOTEA for the editing. This is what this forum is all about. :)

buddhuu
09-22-2009, 10:57 PM

I only wish I could have participated....didn't make the six month limit, and have no video capability.[...]

Same as that. Missed the 6 month limit, and I'm temporarily videoless until I locate the lost charger/mains plug for my camcorder... :(

That is an absolutely brilliant video. Congratulations to all the stars, and to the director! :cheers:

ukulele2544
09-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Awesome job! :D

guitarbitz
09-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Hi - shame i missed out on this - would have loved to have taken part - never mind next time i hope.

Davin
http://www.guitarbitz.com/folk_instruments.htm

brickerenator
09-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Great job. Do another!

RevWill
09-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Excellent work, O tealess one. Great video editing to turn it into a round, and I love the thank yous at the end.

pamelamama
09-23-2009, 06:40 PM
oh my gosh, this is great! sorry I missed out!

Lori
09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice Job! Do all the UU members that were thanked know about the video?

–Lori

ihavenotea
09-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Nice Job! Do all the UU members that were thanked know about the video?

–Lori

I need to send out PMs. I wanted to wait a couple days so that folks would have a chance to be pleasently surprised…

I will try and do that tomorrow.

CoffeeMate
09-26-2009, 03:49 AM

I only wish I could have participated....didn't make the six month limit, and have no video capability.

Maybe this same group, or a slightly expanded group, could do another group colab in another six months or so.... You could make the song just a tad harder (2 chords? 3?) and we could see how the "noobs" are progressing.

I hope to get a web cam or some other video hardware by then....

I likey this idear.

Greg, Awesome editing job. Your really getting the hang of that. This was a wonderful idea. Thanks for doing it, I had a lot of fun.