I know I'm a music nerd....

Craig

Reaction score
...but I picked up a copy of Mel Bay's Modern Guitar Method vol. 2 today at a music store....it was on sale. It comes with two CDs. Anyway, it's a great way for me to work on my sight-reading chops. Since it's written for guitar, there's some passages I have to play higher or lower. What really surprised me was how really, really cool some of the pieces are.

FYI.... Just thought I'd pass this along for those who like to read standard notation.:anyone:

i can read standard notation on oboe, not so much the uke.

its a good book, my mom just got it
I'm stuck with a rental car and cannot hook up my iPod. Anyway, after buying the book, I listened to most of the two CDs and found many of the examples to be very pretty and really cool! I was really surprised!

i can read standard notation on oboe, not so much the uke.
Is the oboe a concert C or a Bb instrument? One of my major regrets is not learning a band instrument while growing up. I didn't learn how to read until my early 20s.

Im pretty sure oboe is C. It's the instrument the entire orchestra tunes to. Trumpets & clarinets are Bflat. Trumpets can also be C or D. French horns are F & Bflat depending on whether the trigger key is pressed. I think flutes are in C also.

Top Bottom