what next ukulele should I get

next ukulele

• Total voters
What do you have already?

–Lori

Those are the 2 I own, and they each have their own great qualities. The Mainland is beautiful to my eye, rings when it plays (it feels like it's alive), and I don't think it can be beat for value. It's a lovely instrument that I can't imagine wanting to replace unless and until I want to go way up the $ line.

The Flea also sounds great, not quite as bright or resonant but pretty darn good. The thing with the Flea, because it stands on its own, I find it's always at hand--on my desk, the coffee table, wherever. As a result, it gets played more. The Mainland is nearby hanging on the wall, but it's not next to me as often. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a stand so I can have it nearer me more (I have Mainland guilt issues!).

Maybe you should do this--get the Mainland, you will love it. Turn your current uke into your beater, don't worry about having it near you and if (when) you injure it, get a Flea!

Does that help confuse you? (I must recuse myself from voting in your poll!)

What's your lifestyle?

If you want to take it out into the wide world a lot, a Flea or Fluke would be wise. Also, do you have a lot of unruly animals or children running around? These guys are sturdy, and not as traditional in look and materials (plastic back and sides).

If you like that musical instrument look, nice finish, woodgrain, detailing... go for the Mainland next.

You will probably have one of each eventually. It's just a matter of time.

–Lori

What's your lifestyle?

If you want to take it out into the wide world a lot, a Flea or Fluke would be wise. Also, do you have a lot of unruly animals or children running around? These guys are sturdy, and not as traditional in look and materials (plastic back and sides).

If you like that musical instrument look, nice finish, woodgrain, detailing... go for the Mainland next.

You will probably have one of each eventually. It's just a matter of time.

–Lori

no animals or children right now .

Those are the 2 I own, and they each have their own great qualities. The Mainland is beautiful to my eye, rings when it plays (it feels like it's alive), and I don't think it can be beat for value. It's a lovely instrument that I can't imagine wanting to replace unless and until I want to go way up the $ line.

The Flea also sounds great, not quite as bright or resonant but pretty darn good. The thing with the Flea, because it stands on its own, I find it's always at hand--on my desk, the coffee table, wherever. As a result, it gets played more. The Mainland is nearby hanging on the wall, but it's not next to me as often. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a stand so I can have it nearer me more (I have Mainland guilt issues!).

Maybe you should do this--get the Mainland, you will love it. Turn your current uke into your beater, don't worry about having it near you and if (when) you injure it, get a Flea!

Does that help confuse you? (I must recuse myself from voting in your poll!)

Yeah I see what you mean I still have a lot of time to think it over .

Top Bottom