Matt Clara

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Two days left:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180396438508

!BYSvmuQ!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLlz,uWBKgwiC4T!w~~_35.JPG

Last edited:
If there's a rule against it, and I'm in violation of that rule, I certainly apologize. If not, I did clearly mark the item as For Auction, so people would know and not click on the thread if they weren't interested.

If there's a rule against it, and I'm in violation of that rule, I certainly apologize. If not, I did clearly mark the item as For Auction, so people would know and not click on the thread if they weren't interested.

Yes, you did good on all counts, especially putting "auction" in the subject line. I don't blame you for trying to get the most you can for your item while at the same time letting those who may be interested know that it's available. I don't know of any rule on UU against it.

Good luck on the auction!:)

No rules just personal preference. I at first thought u were auctioning the uke here. sorry if I offended you but we are all different yet similiar.

I just mentioned it in the first place because I like to see the pics and details on this small site and go after the impulse buy as oppossed to jumping over to eBay and waiting for an auction to end. When UAS kicks in for me, I need it now!

No foul on your part

I think it makes us feel a little priviledged to have first cracks before it is offered to the masses.

As it turns out, I didn't even think of listing it here until quite late in the auction. I will possibly consider giving UU first crack at the next one. I say "possibly" because the auction went well beyond what I ever thought I'd get for it. As it ended up, I bought a uke, played it for two months, and turned around and sold it for more than I bought it. I'm now trying to convince my wife that that's proof positive I should buy more ukes, but she's not having any of it yet. I'm still riding high on my $22 profit! ;)

As it turns out, I didn't even think of listing it here until quite late in the auction. I will possibly consider giving UU first crack at the next one. I say "possibly" because the auction went well beyond what I ever thought I'd get for it. As it ended up, I bought a uke, played it for two months, and turned around and sold it for more than I bought it. I'm now trying to convince my wife that that's proof positive I should buy more ukes, but she's not having any of it yet. I'm still riding high on my $22 profit! ;)

That is funny. I haven't yet posted on ebay even though I know i could get more for the ukes that I sold on here but i feel like the ukes went to a new home. That is great that you made a profit. If my uke I have posted here doesn't sale in a week i suppose I can go to ebay with it. I doubt that I will make a profit but i might get more for it than what I want. Hopefully your wife will be fooled by your plot and then you will have many ukuleles.

When you take into consideration Paypal fees and Ebay fees... You probably broke even

When you take into consideration Paypal fees and Ebay fees... You probably broke even

$5.90 for PayPal, $1.80 for Ebay (auction insertions are currently free). So, yeah. Still, not bad for my first ukulele sale. I essentially used it for 2 months and was paid $13 for the trouble.

I take it the item is sold so I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom