The Ukes.

petah

Reaction score
Ukulele074.jpg

Ukulele075.jpg

Ukulele076.jpg

Ukulele077.jpg

haha, thanks kissing.

They both sound really great. The curly Koa on the KoAloha is pretty nice (Thanks Paul!) I just wish there was more sun outside so I could have taken better pictures.

They are two different beasts.
The Kamaka is SUPER mellow and relaxing but, sounds a little stuffed up.
The KoAloha is bright, loud, full of sustain. However lacks a sweet mellowness that the Kamaka has.

These instruments were also built 30 years apart.

... tough decision.

I'd have to go with the.... KoAloha.

Dealing with the company, waiting weeks for Brian to pick out the best of the bunch both tonally and visually.

But it's kind of unfair to say which is 'better' as they are different beasts.

Now that is one seriously gorgeous pair

of ukes. :D

The KoAloha top is simply stunning and the Kamaka has lovely waves of grain.

Regards,
Ray

Very Nice x 2! Thanks for sharing. Now I want one...:wallbash:

Ah the one on the left... I left it at my dads house. He was eye balling it when he came home after work so I left it for the night.

Is the Kamaka bookmatched on the bottom? It looks like it. I thought all Kamakas that were that old were solid. I guess I was wrong!

Great looking pair! Did you ever find your older model KoAloha?:shaka:

Yes and no, the KoAloha is elusive. I'm on the lookout for the perfect uke/guitar.

The Kamaka is amazing the more I play it the more I like it. ( It was for the GF but she's afraid it will break it [ that and the tuners are very hard to use] so I gladly took possession of it)

Wow, it's amazing to see such beautiful instruments.

30 years apart, and still working fine, bringing joy to the player and listeners.

Thanks for sharing!

Gee! That KoAloha on the left sure looks like the one I just purchased. lol

Koaloha hands down. No disrespect to Kamaka! Given what has gone on at Koaloha recently, seems you can't go wrong. However, they both are sweet!!!

Top Bottom