Fret buzz with my hohner?

LindsayOfSaturn

Reaction score
Rohnert Park, CA. The sleepiest little suburban to
My new hohner has some concerning fret buzz. It mostly on the high e and the b strings and during some bar chords. I dont have the time to take it to a guitar shop and get it looked at as I am moving for college in less than two days. Is there anything I can look at or adjust to try and stop it? It came with medium d'addarios and those buzzed, I changed it to light d'addarios cause I like those better, and it sill buzzes....not really sure what to do...other than that its a great sounding guitar but the buzz is distracting from the real tone of the guitar.

There are three major reasons that a guitar will buzz. The nut could be cut too low. The neck relief is set wrong. There is a fret (maybe more than one) that is not properly dressed and is too high. The third issue is rare. Typically, it is the neck relief. That can be cured with proper adjustment of the truss rod. Backing the truss rod off even half a turn is usually enough to stop a light buzz in the "B" and "E" strings. That is most likely your problem here because both strings are buzzing.

IF you see a little gap between the strings and the first fret, the nut is most likely not to blame. Then it is the neck relief.

Top Bottom