Bushman ukes?

clayton56

Reaction score
What's the reputation of Bushman ukes? How do they sound, play, etc...

We have Bushmans and we LOVE the sound and they have a good rep.
You can see them on our YT channel link below.
:shaka::music::music:

Their ukes are ok, but their customer support sucks.

you might want to consider a Mainland uke instead.

Their ukes are ok, but their customer support sucks.

I can't speak about their ukes but sadly I've had problems with their customer service when purchasing a harmonica from them. The quality of the harmonica was top notch but getting it, getting answers of why it hadn't been shipped -- heck, just getting someone on the phone was a painful multi-week process. I would be weary of ordering a more expensive product from them.

FYI: This was a while back and I had read they were going through some growing pains. I can't vouch for their current service but I wanted to throw my experience out there...

Thanks for the kudos CoLmes - I love your videos and am one of your subscribers. And thanks to you Kim and Rich (SaliorQwest) - I am anxiously looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend at the Bean.

Answering the telephones here at Bushman is a top priority of ours. Even though our hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri eastern time, we actually cover the phones from 8am til 6pm Mon-Fri. I am always surprised and frustrated when I hear someone had trouble reaching us. Anyone here who has trouble reaching us at the office number of 812-988-8200 can call my private cell phone 24/7 at 317-250-8156.

As far as going through growing pains, it's true - we did have two employees steal from us in the worst way possible in September 2008, but we've come out of that even stronger and better than ever.

Our Jenny will be appearing in a new movie called "Eat Pray Love" starring Julia Roberts. We've got some exciting plans for this year's Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest coming up October 1st. And we're sponsoring Playing For Change which is a music cause that all of us should support - I love seeing different cultures and societies and races all come together around music. I believe music could help bring peace, and permanent change for the better.

Stay tuned,

John Hall
Bushman Music Works
812-988-8200 office
317-250-8156 cell
Twitter
Facebook

Last edited:
praise to Bushman

I have both a Bushman baritone and tenor and love their sweet tones, the feel of the necks, their lightness, and their overall look.

Yes, I have a Kanilea tenor which is nicer and yes, I have had some nice Kalas, an Ohana, a Pono and I have played some nice Lanikais but Under the K's I would opt for a Bushman.

Isn't Mainland almost another name for Bushman, same designer, same factory?

I think Bushman is the bad boy of the uke world but then James Dean was a bit of a bad boy.

Our Jenny will be appearing in a new movie called "Eat Pray Love" starring Julia Roberts. We've got some exciting plans for this year's Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest coming up October 1st. And we're sponsoring Playing For Change which is a music cause that all of us should support - I love seeing different cultures and societies and races all come together around music. I believe music could help bring peace, and permanent change for the better.

Stay tuned,

John Hall
Bushman Music Works
812-988-8200 office
317-250-8156 cell
Twitter
Facebook

I wish you'd bring back your pineapples.

As far as going through growing pains, it's true - we did have two employees steal from us in the worst way possible in September 2008, but we've come out of that even stronger and better than ever.

Not real cool to slam these employees. Most of us know who they are and consider them friends. Neither of them have ever came on this site and said anything bad about you or your products. Probably should get over what happened and move on.

thanks for all the replies, I had been hearing about someone who ordered a Bushman and was sent one with a twisted neck, when he tried to exchange it he got the run-around. If I get a good one in the first place I could handle some inconvenience on later warranty work, but getting a lemon and not being able to return it is beyond the pale. I believe the ukes are shipped from a separate location in CA which might account for this policy, if in fact it's still the policy. Anyway, sounds like it would be worth a try if the ukes are good, chances are good of things going smoothly.

I've been in business 24 years. I've dealt with thousands of customers all around the world. I have NEVER given a person the "run around" about returning an instrument. Never. Even if the neck wasn't twisted, if a person wants to return a product for any reason we'll take it back gladly and immediately. We've had very few complaints over the years, but if we do get one I'm always willing to issue a replacement, a refund, or whatever the customer wants. We want love, not just satisfaction.

That's the same line I was told.

Mine didn't get replaced.
After telling me it would be.
After spending $20 to ship it.

Thanks for the strings.

Hey everyone, just posting this so its out in the open.

Keep this thread under control or I will. lets be nice ya? :)

if its an ukulele, STRUM IT!

If this is true, prosecute them. If it's not, you'd better apologize. In either case, this is not a forum for vague allegations of this nature.

I guess Mr. Bushman ran out of propaganda. Too bad. I was hoping he'd see the light and do right by me. Guess I'll keep slamming the bushman customer support every chance I get...

... instead of singing their praises.

Top Bottom