Carp's Original Ukulele Contest

carpekd

Reaction score
CARP'S ORIGINAL UKULELE CONTEST!!!

Ok, here is my first contest. I've listed out the rules below:
  1. You must start the video with you saying "This is for carp's original ukulele contest"
  2. The song must be an original song written by yourself. Others may play/sing in the video, but you must play in it also
  3. A ukulele must be used in the song. Other accompanying instruments are welcomed and encouraged, but you must have a ukulele in there.
  4. Your song can be of any genre
  5. Your video must have SINGING
  6. You may submit only 2 songs
  7. NO COVERS!

Here is how I will judge the winner:
  1. Originality of the song
  2. Complexity
  3. Innovation... use your imagination
  4. Good video production will carry some merit... but a great song is still priority
  5. I don't have a favorite genre... I like them all, so please submit all originals no matter what the genre!

DEADLINE: December 1st

The Prize:
The winner will receive any ukulele of their choice under $200 from MGM's ebay store...

- Carp

Last edited:
Cool contest!

Oh I am SOOO entering this contest. If nothing else it will encourage me to finish one of my songs.

I hope I do well, and good luck to everyone!!! :D

as long as the song is priority...all the cool videos seem to be edited and have all kinds of neat stuff, but not all of us can do that. Sometimes I think a lesser song stands out over a better one due simply to presentation.

Here's my entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIljwyQAeMQ
It's definitely not "Can't Smile Without You" :p

I had two good takes before this, but on the first one I ran out of film and on the second one the camera ran out of battery. It was soooo frustrating. I guess that's what I get for challenging myself with finger picking and alternate chord inversions...

I'll definately try to finish my song for this badboy. Great contest, great prize, thanks for putting htis on.

I'm on it...

This is exciting! No offense to covers, there are covers out there that are better than anything I could hope to accomplish, but I'm glad to see a contest with only originals. It's much more fun to me seeing something someone worked on and accomplished themselves.

I'm on youtube if you can spare half a moment www.youtube.com/user/moosenamedmorton

Never done one completely original from scratch, but I sure want to give it a try.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Top Bottom