inglorious basterds

tehm0rk

Reaction score
Who saw it? I just got back and I have to say it was pretty good. I liked Brad Pitt but it's kinda hard to take him seriously after seeing him in burn after reading. So what did everyone think.

so it is worth going to see?

Awesome

It was a really great film. I enjoyed it far more than anything else I've seen this summer. I am a little biased though because I love Quentin Tarantino's films.

Going to watch it sometime next week I think, looks cool :p

I too am biased because I'm such a Tarantino fan. It's great!

It is pretty graphic, Nazi-scalpin' and all.

I'll agree with one reviewer who pointed out that you get to know a handful of Nazis as human beings, though ironically the more human they become the more monstrous they become. That's good character study right there.

Brad Pitt and Eli Roth were having a blast playing their characters. Mélanie Laurent and Christoph Waltz steal the show and deserve Oscar nods IMHO.

Tarantino delivers again

I am a huge Quentin Tarantino fan - Resevoir Dogs is probably my favorite, but they're all good. Including his latest.

Brad Pitt does a great job in this film, and Christoph Waltz does an excellent job playing a character that you love to hate.

As always Tarantino delivers outstanding work without having to rely on special effects or outlandish action. Simply good story telling, acting, and decent dialog, plus a little gore, which is tolerable because the most of the victims are Nazis.

Highly recommended if you don't mind a little gratuitous violence. Not nearly as bloody as Kill Bill or Dusk Till Dawn.

Haha that movie was great, QT is just getting better and better! not that he wasnt already great ;) its a must watch in my book! Im not to baised, im a movie man thats what i do, i work as a projectionist at a movie theater, so i watch pretty much everything.... even something like gForce (actual got paid to screen that one ;D ) ha but now that i know theres a "movies forum" ill try and be active... atleast here =p

o yea PS. for those that havent seen Inglorious Basterds... "Ah-riva-der-chI"

Grot-zee.

My wife who originally thought she didn't like Tarantino movies gave Pulp Fiction another chance watched it with me last year and discovered what I see in it. She also enjoyed both parts of Grindhouse and was excited to see Inglourious Basterds with me. She thought it was great too, but she expected it to be faster-paced and funnier.

The humor was dark and funny. The tension built up to almost unbearable levels. Hans Landa was very human and very inhuman at the same time - truly monstrous. The opening scene was intensely squirmy and set up Shoshanna's fear and anger.

Tarantino's eye for detail has not faded. He could have included backstory about Shoshanna's new identity - but ultimately decided that it was unimportant to the story, and he was right. It wouldn't have added to the narrative in any way and would have probably hurt the pace. And according to some French-speakers the French dialogue is as snappy and subtle as his English dialogue.

In short, I believe QT will be regarded as one of the greats when it's all said and done, and Basterds will be part of his essential canon.

The humor was dark and funny. The tension built up to almost unbearable levels. Hans Landa was very human and very inhuman at the same time - truly monstrous. The opening scene was intensely squirmy and set up Shoshanna's fear and anger.

Exactly! that is so true.
I reeeaaly loved the movie, simlpy awesome! Hats of for QT he did it again!

If Christop Waltz does not win Best Supporting Actor, they should quit giving out Oscars altogether.

I watched that mive too, and I got to say it's my favorite QT movie apart of Kill Bill.

And let me tell you, watching it as a German you really get a lot of different feelings from it. I think I never saw a movie before that made you think about that final decision people had to make, either for their family and life, or for the lives of others. and it was funny, too, because Till Schweiger is one of the most famous German actors atm and dies in such a short time. if you're used to movies with him as the main character, it's quite different^^

I thought this movie was fantastic! Go see it if you haven't already!

Excellent film! Historical fiction is always great to enjoy. It gives you a new perspective on life and on humanity in general.

I don't consider myself a massive Tarantino fan, though out of inexperience and not distaste; the only film I saw before Basterds was Kill Bill. I'm gonna go again to the theater and show my g/f this film. She loves Tarantino :)

Thought it was great, huge Tarantino fan, wasn't too pleased with Death Proof though. I liked how you go in thinking it's going to be all about the basterds but they aren't in it that much. You see mostly the nazi side.

Top Bottom