Who All Has A Sonny Daze CigarBox Uke Post Pics Here

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just wanted to start a thread about Sonny Daze CigarBox Ukes. I would like anyone who has one to post photos and the date your uke was born on it. Maybe give a little review. If any of you have one in the works you should post your photos also.

This here... is mine..

uke-b-9.jpg

Here's the beginning of my concert size Sonny Daze. Can't wait.

Attachments

• Indie box 1.jpg
    Indie box 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
  • neck 8-22-C.jpg
    neck 8-22-C.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 25
a little further along

here's a finished neck and box with soundholes if you have a Sonny Daze uke post pics here too.

Attachments

• DK box 10-2.jpg
    DK box 10-2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 16
  • neck and chunk 10-1-09 B.jpg
    neck and chunk 10-1-09 B.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 20
Mine's a secret and unfinished design that I can't post much of, bet here are some shots of the neck. Also, he made my box out of solid red cedar and a solid spruce top.

The neck is super grainy maple with lacewood trim in the fretboard.

Attachments

• Project Z 9-16-E.jpg
    Project Z 9-16-E.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 16
  • John I 8-18-A.jpg
    John I 8-18-A.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 18
  • John I 8-18-B.jpg
    John I 8-18-B.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 13
Yes indeed! If you plan on attending UWC 2010 perhaps they'll be reunited, haha.

This thread is going to bring Russ a lot of memories...:D

Mine is a soprano with super flamed maple neck...It is a real sweetheart...:D

Attachments

• 100_1310.jpg
    100_1310.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 50
Mine's a secret and unfinished design that I can't post much of, bet here are some shots of the neck. Also, he made my box out of solid red cedar and a solid spruce top.

The neck is super grainy maple with lacewood trim in the fretboard.

looks great .

so what makes a sonny daze ukulele great? Are they all cigar box ukes? Sonny Daze must smoke a lot.

Yeah they are all CBUs... Whats so great about them is the awesome design and care that goes into each and every one. They are all unique, and every time he builds one he keeps the buyer informed throughout the process.

hey... how is it going yall! if you have a SD CBU send me a PM and ADD me on FACEBOOK.. i am thinking about making a facebook group for people.... and keep posting those pics!! i love the new shamrock.. and link.. did you get yours yet?

d

Top Bottom