Preordering from MGM, not going through ebay?

dickli

Reaction score
Not sure where else to put this thread, so hope this is good.

I've been in contact with MGM about preordering a Kala Acacia Tenor. I know he has a superb reputation and he's been very helpful so far.

Apparently he does not have any in stock currently so he's taking preorders and requested $320 through Paypal, though not through an actual ebay transaction. I'm pretty confident in foregoing all my buyer protection/insurance and sending it to him, but I want to verify that this is standard practice.

Has anyone done this before? The e-mail I've been receiving communication from him is musicguymic@aol.com.

I have delt with MGM many times, some through e-bay, some just sending payment through PayPal the way you discribed.

You can always TRUST Mike.

That is the right e-mail address.

Paypal has it's own set of safeguards in place. Besides trusting MGM anyway, going through Paypal makes it even safer.

You can always trust Mike, he is a honest and helpful seller on ebay. I have made many transactions with him on and off ebay. Mike is a class act and you will have no problems.

Other than being a great guy and ukulele enthusiast, Mike is a business man and has made his rep with the way he treats his clients and customers.

i also preordered a pineapple sunday and waiting for a stock as well.. it's customary to give a deposit and I also used paypal.. i believe he's good seller.. bought from him before.

You can trust Mike. I've bought multiple things from him, including ukes and all kinds of accessories. He is all class and has always provided service as if he were a brick and mortar store (sometimes even better).

I wouldn't have any problem at all in giving MGM the full purchase price up front for an instrument that is not in stock, i.e. pre-order...MGM is as honest as anyone could be...Have no fear...I also want one of those Kala acacia tenors so maybe I'd better be getting in touch with him to get on that list, huh...???

I agree that I would have no problem trusting Mike with such a transaction. I have a Kala acacia soprano, and I absolutely love its sound and sight!

Have total confidence! I bought an O'ahu case from him that he didn't have listed on eBay - he sent the PayPal request, I paid, three days later case in hand!

MGM is the greatest!

Absolutely reliable, I've done a lot of small business with him that way, and would have no worries about anything bigger either.

Besides, too many people know him and there's no place he could hide!
:rotfl:

Just kidding, he is the BEST! :shaka:

about half of my business is off ebay by direct sales...by the way A few Kala acacia tenors arrive to USA in a day or two...Most all are gone and sold already Its going to be awhile until they are readily available....New models of Kalas also arrive this week so keep a eye out Mahalo for all the kind words....

I wouldn't be too worried with MGM. The man is synonymous with ukulele. Think of it this way; the guy has been doing a lot of these transactions lately. This is good for his business. I'm sure he doesn't want that to stop. Thusly, MGM will be honest with you, because if he's not, his reputation will be at risk. If his reputation is "at-risk" he won't be doing much business, which is bad.

So I wouldn't worry about him trying to cheat you or anything. From all of the videos I've seen and the wonderful things I've heard from people here on UU, I would send him anything he'd require (like a liver or a kidney) and know in that I'd be in good hands.

Besides, if he didn't follow through, it would be Fraud, and that's a federal offense. :smileybounce:

1st born children are always a bonus

Top Bottom