Lanikai Lu-21 vs Lanikai-11

uke nukem

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm about to buy my first ukulele, and I'm not sure whether I should go with the lanikai lu-21 or the lanikai-11. There may be just a minor difference I'm missing here, but I can't find the info I need anywhere. So far the 11 is cheaper, but if the 21 is in fact better than I don't mind spending a couple extra dollars. But then again, if it's really just a price difference, then cheaper always wins...

If you can help out, any expertise would be appreciated. Thanks!

The main differences are the LU-21 has a rosewood fretboard and the LU-11 is made from nato. The LU-21 has white body bindings and the LU-11 has none. I have a LU-21 and like it a bunch. When I bought mine...there was only a $7 price difference between them ($42 vs $49 at Music123.com). It's definitely worth the extra $7 for the LU-21, but probably not much more.

I don't have an answer, I just wanted to comment on how incredibly awesome your username is.

I don't have an answer, I just wanted to comment on how incredibly awesome your username is.

I agree!!!! And the photochop possibilities are endless!!

I would add I recently picked up the less expensive version recently as my daily driver uke I take with me to the beach and stuff. Strung it with some Worth browns and it sounds pretty good.

I have an LU-21C (concert) and I love it. I love the way it looks. I love the way it sounds. I love how smooth the tuning knobs at the top are. I love that the neck is just wide enough that I don't need extra joints to finger a G minor. I love that I didn't have to shell out $500 for it. I think you will be very satisfied with your purchase.

Top Bottom