Help With a Cigar Box Neck

ritzer012

UU+
Reaction score
hey guys

i did a little search but didn't really find anything. my situation is this:

i have a lanikai lu-11 laying around being useless since i got my koaloha and flea. i want to try to make a cigar box uke using the neck from the lanikai and a cigar box off ebay.

my question is...can i remove the neck from the body without damaging it? is it even possible?

thanks for your help!

I'm looking at that too. Has anyone had any experience with these particular parts? How do they compare to something like Grizzly's offerings?

I'm curious about removing a neck from an old uke too. I've seen the finished product, and know it can be done, but I'm not sure how to do it without damaging the neck. Any suggestions?

There is a cigar box uke neck on ebay

cool, thanks, thats good to keep in the back of my mind just in case i need it

I'm curious about removing a neck from an old uke too. I've seen the finished product, and know it can be done, but I'm not sure how to do it without damaging the neck. Any suggestions?

yes, please?

I recently removed a neck and fret board from a cracked soprano, I whacked the body a few times with a rubber mallet, that worked pretty well.

Mainland will have mahogany necks and fretboards for sale within a few weeks. There will be soprano, concert and tenor sizes available (along with other parts as in a kit) for sale. There will be soprano, concert and tenor sizes available.
The necks/fretboards will run about $25 to $32. For a full kit with pegs, nut,saddle,bridge,strings. It will run around $55-$65.
Sorry for the self promo, but thought you might be interested. :D

I recently removed a neck and fret board from a cracked soprano, I whacked the body a few times with a rubber mallet, that worked pretty well.

Mainland will have mahogany necks and fretboards for sale within a few weeks. There will be soprano, concert and tenor sizes available (along with other parts as in a kit) for sale. There will be soprano, concert and tenor sizes available.
The necks/fretboards will run about $25 to $32. For a full kit with pegs, nut,saddle,bridge,strings. It will run around $55-$65.
Sorry for the self promo, but thought you might be interested. :D

thanks!

and please, please promote! we love hearing about it :D

Top Bottom