Ovation Applause tenor ukulele?

fisicoryan

Reaction score
Hafa Adai!
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering about this Ovation Applause ukulele. Is it a good ukulele?

I have been playing the ukulele for about 5 years, and I'm wondering if the Ovation Applause ukulele would be a good ukulele to buy.

Applause UAE148 Acoustic-Electric Tenor Ukulele

Thank you!
-Ryan :)

Several local professional Hawaiian musicians here in Seattle use the UAE148 as their performing instrument.

They may have other acoustic/unplugged/non-electric ukes, however I rarely see them without their Applause.

These are guys in their 60's and 70's if that tells you anything.

I have an Applause Electric Soprano which I rarely use since I don't amplify often. My friend's favorite uke of choice is an acoustic Applause Soprano, Spruce top.

Several local professional Hawaiian musicians here in Seattle use the UAE148 as their performing instrument.

They may have other acoustic/unplugged/non-electric ukes, however I rarely see them without their Applause.

These are guys in their 60's and 70's if that tells you anything.

I have an Applause Electric Soprano which I rarely use since I don't amplify often. My friend's favorite uke of choice is an acoustic Applause Soprano, Spruce top.

Thank you for answering. So if I were to do gigs, an Applause would be great to have, but if not, i shouldn't get an Applause?

Hi Ryan,
The Tenor Ovation/Applause ukulele is a good ukulele. Many performers use this uke. I myself once wanted one of these. Even Aldrine used one of these in the "old days".

Couple drawbacks of the uke is that it is rather heavy and acoraustically its not that great when played unplugged.

If you are going to perform or play amplified, its a good choice. If not, go with a the traditional acoustic ukulele.

Hi Ryan,
The Tenor Ovation/Applause ukulele is a good ukulele. Many performers use this uke. I myself once wanted one of these. Even Aldrine used one of these in the "old days".

Couple drawbacks of the uke is that it is rather heavy and acoraustically its not that great when played unplugged.

If you are going to perform or play amplified, its a good choice. If not, go with a the traditional acoustic ukulele.
Thank you for answering.
What traditional acoustic ukulele brand would you suggest for a 5 year ukulele player who is looking for a second ukulele?

It would be difficult for me to offer advice since I haven't used the Tenor Applause and I rarely use my Soprano Applause.

I like what Dino said about the sound quality UN-amplified, as well as the weight, and I would add, balance factors.

I was just trying to report some factual info based on my observations.

I have one and basically parrot what others have posted. Heavy and a little soft acoustically. The pickup is cool and works as good as the higher end setup I have in my Kanilea.

They are also very sturdy, so that's a plus. If it's going to weigh 3x as much as a koa uke of the same size, it should inspire the confidense to be used in self defense situations, if necessary, and it certainly does!

Top Bottom