Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line cover

russ_buss

Reaction score
hey all,

so it was a beautiful sunny day in SF today and what do i do? stay indoors and make an uke video of me covering Johnny Cash! it's not great, but hope you enjoy.

here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EogbC-QX20

it's cut off at the end because i kept screwing it up and was tired of doing it over and over again. i know, lazy. haha.

Like a walk in the park man, just strollin' along... Very nice post man, nice picking and the singing was good too. I know there are a couple tricky verses where the words are sort of sycopied, but kept it clean. Now you gotta give us another one.

thanks dude. i wasn't feeling fully confident on the practice runs but was super eager to get this video done and posted. now that it's done, i'm so anxious to record some more. thanks for the feedback.

cheers!

Russ awesome video man. Clean picking and great singing. Keep on posting videos!

By the way that's quite a collection of instruments and music stuff in the back!

good stuff man, i like it alot bro. keep up the good work

thanks for the feedback guys. and davoomac, you have no idea. i have many more that are out of the frame. i can now add UAS to my many other instrument ailments. haha!

cheers!

really liked it man, nice work.
that low g works nicely,
i'm gonna have to buy another uke to leave one strung high and one strung low, there i finally have a real reason to get more :)

Hmm... I might have to follow suit and get one strung as a low G....

Anyhow... great job with this one... good singing... good picking... all of it fell together quite nicely.

really liked it man, nice work.
that low g works nicely,
i'm gonna have to buy another uke to leave one strung high and one strung low, there i finally have a real reason to get more :)

Ian Boys said:
Hmm... I might have to follow suit and get one strung as a low G....

Anyhow... great job with this one... good singing... good picking... all of it fell together quite nicely.

thanks guys! it really is nice to have one uke with high G and one with low G. opens up more possibilities.

cheers!

I posted a comment on there too, but i really found it funny for some reason how you got straight to the point like no bullshit lets do this! right at the start.

I love your version of it though, its relaxing and you sound great!

I posted a comment on there too, but i really found it funny for some reason how you got straight to the point like no bullshit lets do this! right at the start.

I love your version of it though, its relaxing and you sound great!

thanks man! i was just channeling Johnny Cash, who as you know, was a no BS kind of guy.

cheers!

Top Bottom