Bruko ukulele & Aquila strings

I Ukulista

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Bruko Modell 6 Ukulele fitted with Aquila strings. I know of good results with Worth strings but am interested in opinion of Aquila strings.
Cheers
I ukulista

Mine is fitted with Aquila strings and it sounds great, although i can't compare it to Worths as all my ukuleles are strung with Aquila. The Brueko sounds really punchy and loud!

Thanks neighbour (I'm in Colwyn Bay).
I've bought a number of Bruko 6 and will sell them as cheap as possible to players in the area. I wanted throw in a good set of strings in the price. I use Worth Tenor strings and cut them into thirds for a soprano.
Keep the faith.
I Ukulista

How much will you be selling them for? I think i would use worths if they were more readily available, i have found someone on e-bay who sells them though so i plan to order some soon.

How much will you be selling them for? I think i would use worths if they were more readily available, i have found someone on e-bay who sells them though so i plan to order some soon.

You can always try Martin fluoro-carbons, if you can't find/ afford/ stand Worths. Take a looks at the recommendations.

I have a Bruko #5 which is very similar to #6, and I have tried many different strings on it. In my opinion it is a bit too bright with aquilas, and I think the brown Worths fits much better - but I guess it's all a matter of taste.

I've made a string test vid on my YT channel if you're interested.

Otherwise you should just play around with different strings until you find your facorites.

Good luck!

I think i would use worths if they were more readily available.

Hi
The Southern Ukulele Store (I found them quick and helpful) on ebay have Worth strings. I tried to get Worth to let me be their agent in Wales, North England, Scotland & Ireland when the Ukulele Shop finished. Alas it didn't happen.
The Bruko 6s that I have, I will sell for £75 plus postage, I can offer a gig-bag for £4 extra and a set of Aquila Low G strings for £5. I have a few orders locally.
Obviously no postage if collected. £75 for a Bruko can't be bad!
Private message me if you know any body who wants a Bruko 6.

Thanks Baron K.
I prefer Worth strings also. The strings I had from the Ukulele shop in UK were sent from Germany. Although I know of the company in France. I had some from Hawaii at a reasonable price. Scandinavia has suppliers?

I suppose that's why the Vikings generally moved south. They must have been going out in search of strings. The Southern Ukulele Store is in Bournemouth England and is on ebay.
Skol

Skal, We used to have a beer in Wales called Skol, the advertisment said 'Skol' the Scandinavian word for cheers. Forgive me. Our Welsh word is Hwyl and it can mean a state of happiness. We are very Hwyl about Dime bars, Ikea, Saab. and Volvo.
Best wishes.

Top Bottom