Wanted: Ukulele Underground Car sticker

dirk.li

Reaction score
Aachen, Germany (As exciting as an empty parking-l
Hi,

I put an UU sticker on my car. But I guess the sticker is not suitable for outdoor use. It has been bleached severely by the sun and weathered by the elements. And I've put it there only 2 months ago (see picture below.)

Now here's my question: Could you produce another quality of UU stickers that could be used outdoors? Since John Irving has started his "UkuleleInYourCar" channel on YT, I guess other members would love such a sticker, too!

picture.php

Click here for a scanned version of the sticker!

Last edited:
YES! I vote too! I've been thinking about bringing this up for some time now, i want to show my UU pride on the road!

I own a printing company, and I can produce these for you guys at a very low cost. My markup on this type of product is fairly high, but I'm willing to do them for say... cost plus a few t-shirts (and shipping).

PM me and let me know.

It would be awesome to have it be a die-cut vinyl decal.

You can see an example of this on the Honda Element Owner's Club website (scroll down a bit to get to the stickers). I've got one of these on my E and it looks really nice.

JJ

It would be awesome to have it be a die-cut vinyl decal.

I vote for vinyl

You vote for expensive.

The logo for the Element is simpler than the UU logo that appears at the top of this page, or the one on his car (which I couldn't find in the UU Store).

The "voids", or negative space, need to be removed by hand. This process is ironically called "weeding". As you can see, this would be very time consuming using the logo as it stands.

Not saying it can't be done, but I think there would be less takers if they put a retail price on it that is out of reach for some.

I could do a short-run for those that want them. Even in custom colors to fit your car. But, I won't do anything until I hear from staff.

The "voids", or negative space, need to be removed by hand. This process is ironically called "weeding". As you can see, this would be very time consuming using the logo as it stands.

Not to mention it would probably be tough to apply a decal with that many "fiddly bits". I think a simplied alternative version of the logo without the grass would work best for such a decal (assuming the UU gods approve such a modification, of course).

But if it's nine or ten bucks? Heck, I'd buy one. Cheaper than a shirt. :D

JJ

Here's some threads about UU stickers/decals:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12802
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917

and finally from Ryan
we're going to be making some cheap graffiti stickers soon that we'll probably just give away and throw in with orders. Bigger more fancy stickers would be coming soon after that. We got some new designs we're working on too.

Believe me, you're not the only one waiting for 'em and it's been a long time for some of us.

i guess you guys havent seen dino's UUmobile.

i guess you guys havent seen dino's UUmobile.

Who is Dino and may we have a look at his UUmobile, please? :D

Some thoughts of mine... (to whom it may concern)
Hmm, isn't it always the same: Somebody opens and thread, some people comment then someone says something like "Boo... are you dump? Haven't you seen this old xy thread??" then a post whore says something... then end of thread! :wallbash:

Ladies and gentlemen... if all topics have already been discussed (and I'm sure they have!!) why do forums like this just simply close down or switch to "read only mode"? :eek:

Hmm... I guess this has also been said many times before... but no, I'm not using the search function and I'm not going to read through a 2-year-old thread of other smart-alecks like me... *lol* (Where's the fun???)

Don't we have the right to blather on about something that has been already said somewhere else? What is the NY Times doing each day?? :uhoh:

Who is Dino and may we have a look at his UUmobile, please? :D

Some thoughts of mine... (to whom it may concern)
Hmm, isn't it always the same: Somebody opens and thread, some people comment then someone says something like "Boo... are you dump? Haven't you seen this old xy thread??" then a post whore says something... then end of thread! :wallbash:

Ladies and gentlemen... if all topics have already been discussed (and I'm sure they have!!) why do forums like this just simply close down or switch to "read only mode"? :eek:

Hmm... I guess this has also been said many times before... but no, I'm not using the search function and I'm not going to read through a 2-year-old thread of other smart-alecks like me... *lol* (Where's the fun???)

Don't we have the right to blather on about something that has been already said somewhere else? What is the NY Times doing each day?? :uhoh:

yeah, it has been said before, and when anyone does it, its so the person asking for something has something else to read. that new thread is still valuable because new information by possibly new members can be contributed there.

This may be a dumb idea, but if the above mentioned UU-Logo could be provided as a vector graphic, everyone could use it for personal purpose. No matter if you want a "die cut vinyl decal", a simple sticker, fridge magnet, desktop background or a ukey theme for your mobile. It is really simple to provide (download) and everyone could use his local manufacturers to build his favourite UU-Gadget. I like the idea of having the UU-Logo as, say, "basic" model, easy available to anyone in the world and probably more fancy designs available only at the UU-store. Of course the original designer should be asked first;)

Whaddaya think?

This may be a dumb idea, but if the above mentioned UU-Logo could be provided as a vector graphic, everyone could use it for personal purpose. No matter if you want a "die cut vinyl decal", a simple sticker, fridge magnet, desktop background or a ukey theme for your mobile. It is really simple to provide (download) and everyone could use his local manufacturers to build his favourite UU-Gadget. I like the idea of having the UU-Logo as, say, "basic" model, easy available to anyone in the world and probably more fancy designs available only at the UU-store. Of course the original designer should be asked first;)

Whaddaya think?

Now THAT would be much too practical! :) I love your idea! :shaka:

Top Bottom