Any good uke tuner programs?

Fudgers

Reaction score
I don't have a clip on tuner (im cheap) so I've been using a program called audio tuner that works through the mic, but for whatever reason it doesn't pick up the top string on my baritone. Anybody know any other mic input programs that can be used to tune the uke?

It's really worth coming up with the 17 bucks. Once you have one, you won't know why you ever bothered going without it.

Last edited:
First off: I spent more on my tuner than I spent on my ukulele and it was worth every penny. ($19 First Act ukulele vs $22 FZone Chomtatic Tuner)

The clip on tuners pick up only the uke and none of the ambiant noise. Makes it much easier to tune with children running about.

However, I understand there are times when even a small purchase is just not doable. I used to use TunaPitch on my Mac. It worked great, as long as the room was quiet. And it is free.

One other free program to try (and this works on both Windows and Macs) is Tartini.

Tartini is amazing, particularly for vocal work. (The vibrato meter is For The Win!)

You can also use it to tune *anything*. As long as your microphone is good enough, tartini will figure out what pitch is being played. Neat tool.

I liked it well enough but do agree with the previous poster: if you can swing the $15-20 for a clip-on tuner, totally do it. You won't regret it.

+1.

Tuners are long-term investments. I bought a Sabine ST1100 (predecessor to this) 20 years ago and still tune most of my instruments with it. I think I paid $40 for it, which puts my tuning expenses down to $2 per year.

Jump on Amazon and search for "Tuner" in the Musical Instruments section. You'll find a ton of good ones for under $20 and a couple like the Seiko keychain for under $10.

--Mark

Thanks guys, now I spent another 20 bucks and I STILL don't have my ukulele here yet! :rolleyes: ;)

hi, first post, so aloha UU. i'm glad i can help on this one.

found this one tonight surfing the ukers on you tube, guy does a nice version of ain't she sweet and in the notes there was this link, really nice little tuner, you need flash running on you machine.

http://gui0m.free.fr/

here's the fella doing ain't she sweet. not bad at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ryWC8Rc0U

Hi,
i use a clip tuner (10€) and a handy tool named GUITARTUNER for my mobile phone (Java J2ME Freeware - works with nearly every mobile phone) and as third tool a real tuning fork.
The 4. tool is to sing "My dog has fleas" and tuning the strings to it :)

I must say that the usage of the fork and to my voice was and is always a good training but from time to time i like to proof the tuning with the clip tuner or my mobile phone

Top Bottom