My best uke CD purchase yet....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've been amassing uke music lately. I've bought several Jake discs, some Julia Nunes, some Victoria Vox, some Barnkickers. I've got some Iz, too. I gotta tell you, I really like them all. Not a bad one in the bunch.

But I just got the best one yet (for my taste, anyway). It's Bad Ukulele, by Ukebucket. (Ukebucket is a UU member, I believe) This CD just blows me away!

There's no wild uke shredding like Jake does. Just good solid strumming, which is more my style. Don't get me wrong, here.... I love Jake's music! Went to see him live, too. It's just that his style isn't at all like my style, and Ukebucket's is.

Another musical style I'm particularly fond of is vocal harmony, and this group delivers!

And if you like sexy, sultry female vocals, you'll love this CD as much as I do! After the first song I felt like I needed a cigarette....and I quit smoking 20 years ago! :eek: (Was it good for you, too, dear?)

Do yourselves a favor and check out this disc....you can't miss!

Dude.... take this puppy straight to your room and lock the door. You don't want to listen to this for the first time in public....;)

the best uke c.d.....

the best uke c.d. i've heard in a while is roots trip by shigeto takahashi.

http://www.youtube.com/SHIGETOTAKAHASHI

$20 and he will mail it to you from japan!

he is just a fantastic player who is very original in his renditions of songs.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just downloaded it after previewing, and I am loving every track. Amazon has it as well for the non-Itunes crowd.

CD Baby is sold out :mad: I am too old to download, any other sites to purchase her CD?

I've been amassing uke music lately. I've bought several Jake discs, some Julia Nunes, some Victoria Vox, some Barnkickers. I've got some Iz, too. I gotta tell you, I really like them all. Not a bad one in the bunch.

But I just got the best one yet (for my taste, anyway). It's Bad Ukulele, by Ukebucket. (Ukebucket is a UU member, I believe) This CD just blows me away!

There's no wild uke shredding like Jake does. Just good solid strumming, which is more my style. Don't get me wrong, here.... I love Jake's music! Went to see him live, too. It's just that his style isn't at all like my style, and Ukebucket's is.

Another musical style I'm particularly fond of is vocal harmony, and this group delivers!

And if you like sexy, sultry female vocals, you'll love this CD as much as I do! After the first song I felt like I needed a cigarette....and I quit smoking 20 years ago! :eek: (Was it good for you, too, dear?)

Do yourselves a favor and check out this disc....you can't miss!

I just sent Amber Nash (UkeBucket) a link to this thread. I am sure that she'll be thrilled.

Wow!!!

Hello!

Mickey just sent me this thread and I'm VERY flattered!!!!!

Ukebucket is a project I was a part of some years ago and it's since dissolved. The boys moved to Florida and I moved to Ohio...just couldn't work it out. But we had a GREAT time making the music and were happy to have put out something the represented what we did.

CD Baby is sold out, and probably will be for some time. It's on my "to do" list to make some more CDs but it might not happen for a while. For now, though, iTunes is the best way to buy it.

I'm currently part of a duo called Shiny and the Spoon. If you did the harmony thing, check us out. Our MySpace is:
http://www.myspace.com/shinyandthespoon

We're set to have our first EP out shortly. I don't visit this site as often as I should, but if you like what you hear, get a hold of me via MySpace.

Thanks for the plug!!!! You guys rock!!!

:)Amber

Amber, really good songs and a great voice. My wife and I both love it! The Shiny and the Spoon tracks on MySpace also sound really good; count on us for a copy.

For some pop ukulele (simple strumming stuff) and if you haven't already, I'd check out Ingrid Michealson. She plays uke and writes some great songs. I believe she first got known via a song of hers that was on Grey's Anatomy. She just released a new album "Everybody" which has a number of great songs, including "Soldier". http://www.ingridmichaelson.com. She also has lots of stuff on youtube.

It's nice to be included in such fine company :)

- Steve

Top Bottom