Ukulele Beginners Websites and Tips

Tagaen

Reaction score
I just got my first Uke yesterday and I've learned three chords, but I want to learn all of the chords for a D tuned Uke. So far all i've found are websites that have the GCEA chords. Also, I'm a very visual learner, and I found this: http://www.tikiking.com/uke_lesson.html very useful, how he's done the red circles and the numbers show which finger to put on the string. Does anyone know an easy to use website that shows you how to do all the chords in a similar fashion? I also need help with strumming patterns, and very easy beginner songs. I don't know how to play tunes that just have the chord written over the lyrics, because theres no strumming pattern and I'm used to reading normal music for Cello/Piano. Can anyone help? Thanks :)

You can try Stefans Chords but I'm not sure it shows the fingerings. If you're just starting out, try a D U D U pattern (simplest one I know of). As for chord/lyric sheets, you'll have to know the melody of the song to use those. I forgot to add Uke Chordfinder.

Last edited:
Have a look at Michelle Kiba's chord chart. It's easy to print and contains everything you need.

Have a look at Michelle Kiba's chord chart. It's easy to print and contains everything you need.

Could you please post a link to the chart? I can't find it on her site...

Thanks!

CountryMouse

I also need help with strumming patterns, and very easy beginner songs. I don't know how to play tunes that just have the chord written over the lyrics, because theres no strumming pattern and I'm used to reading normal music for Cello/Piano. Can anyone help? Thanks :)

You're a visual learner, so check out youtube :) You can't go wrong with this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicTeacher2009

Work your way through the lessons and you'll be strumming in no time :)

I think the white dots represent an alternative position for the chord. Not sure about the grey dot - maybe it's a note played in both chord positions.

Top Bottom