Kala acacia tenors have landed

MGM

Reaction score
The containers are currently being unloaded and those coveted open headstock are shipping to dealers asap Sorry but unless you have preordered one you are probably out of luck getting one...these are in such high demand i have over 60 backordered yet. The new Exotic mahogany series flamed ukuleles with new kala pickup with built in tuners have also arrived. This was ukulele number one in the blind test that so many picked as solid wood..lol

Eh Mike, how much dat ones (exotic mahogany) runnin?

Hey Mike-- I'm curious about that Blackwood. I make wooden pennywhistles from exotic hardwoods and use quite a bit of Blackwood (same latin name as yours). However, the stuff that I (and other woodwind makers) use is, as the name would imply, pretty nearly pitch black. I'm thinking that perhaps the woodwind stuff is heartwood, but the tannish/brownish wood on your ukes is sapwood? In any event it oughta make a great uke: the stuff is hard as all getout and very dense.

The kala acacia series is not australian blackwood like cordoba or lehua....It is The Mimosa or shower tree called here in the islands.....two different woods

Aw, strewth... :(

I'm not the kind of bloke to really covet stuff. But I so want one of those. It was TheJumpingFlea's Youtube review that did it.

*Sigh*... Maybe next year...

:D LOL. Not really grumbling. At least I already have a mahogany Kala that I like :music:

Top Bottom