UU Mini Jam

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
If you are wondering what the UUMiniJams are I would like to explain what we do there. It is a website that has video chat and text chat enabled. You don't have to have a webcam to participate, you can use just a mic. Also, you do not have to play your first second or any time you are on the jam. The idea is to go and enjoy listening, possibly playing, or even just learning from the other people there. We ask questions to other players if we see something they did and we wonder how they did it, converse and all around just have a good time!

There is a text chat below the video chat, it will ask you for a username and password. You do not need to put in a password, but the username you use should be unique. If it is something like John, you will likely get an error that it is already registered or it will ask you for a password. Just go back and change your username and it should let you in!

*Because this is mainly adults meeting on an open forum, there is a 10pm EST time curfew for those younger than 18.*

One last thing.

When you go to the jam you will be greeted with a screen that looks like this:

minijam1.png

Ignore the networking stuff and put in your desired name where you see mine and click Go.

Once that loads you will need to click:

minijam2.png

Make sure to Enable Flash:

minijam3.png

Then choose your webcam by clicking on it. You will then be brought to the microphone selection screen. Choose the correct one (if its your webcam it will be the same name as your webcam:

minijam4.png

Click send.

Last edited:
Once you do that then click on Open Mic, choosing push to talk will not allow you to play a song unless you have the button depressed:

minijam5.png

This should have you broadcasting...

To mute your mic you can click the Mic in the upper right and then choose Mute Microphone:

minijam6.png

And you are good to go!

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

Last edited:
Tonight was the best jam ever. Thank you Colin and Alex.

ARGH!

Anyone on a Mac and Firefox?

The Cam permissions dialogue comes up for me, but is unclickable. I looked on Google and found others with the same problem, but no one had a fix.

Any ideas? I'm gonna try it in Safari and Chrome to see if it's a Firefox problem.

ARGH!

Anyone on a Mac and Firefox?

The Cam permissions dialogue comes up for me, but is unclickable. I looked on Google and found others with the same problem, but no one had a fix.

Any ideas? I'm gonna try it in Safari and Chrome to see if it's a Firefox problem.

Let me know if you still are having issues after switching to Chrome and Safari... I know that others were having issues on their macs...

Yeah, sadly.

The dialogue responds and goes away, but the cam still doesn't work.
I click "Reset Camera" and the green light comes on, then turns off.

Oh... and I'm on a Macbook... if that makes a difference.

Yeah, sadly.

The dialogue responds and goes away, but the cam still doesn't work.
I click "Reset Camera" and the green light comes on, then turns off.

Oh... and I'm on a Macbook... if that makes a difference.
Elvis, that has been happening to me on my mac desktop, but my macbook camera is working. Go figure....

I'm starting summer school (don't worry, I didn't fail!)...won't be back til friday I guess.

Heya, Lady Sally!

Don'tcha love how the "Oh, it's so easy to use and nothing EVER goes wrong with it" Macs are SO not what they claim? *grin*
Kills me that there's NO documentation on the computer about this...

Anyway... I'll keep tryin'...

Heya, Lady Sally!

Don'tcha love how the "Oh, it's so easy to use and nothing EVER goes wrong with it" Macs are SO not what they claim? *grin*
Kills me that there's NO documentation on the computer about this...

Anyway... I'll keep tryin'...
Actually I love my Mac, was never PC friendly, and this is the first snafu I've hit. Of course my warrenty ended about 3 months ago so I may just be outta luck. Is your photo booth working?

Top Bottom