To the Dark Side...

freedive135

Reaction score
After playin the Uke for a little over a year now and lovin every moment...
I went to a 2 day Surf Music show. Lots of sweet bands and some great Ukulele players too.

Today...
I got a guitar, it's a Squier Strat by Fender (I didn't what to spend alot(yet)) and I have no clue what I am doing!!!!

Kinda funny mostly its seems to be guitar players coming here sayin this about their first Uke.

I want to learn how to rip it like Dick Dale and figuring since he started on a Ukulele there might be hope for me:biglaugh::biglaugh: Youtube lessons here I come!!!

After playin a Soprano this thing is HUGE and man are the strings close together and the frets are to far apart...

No I am not giving up the Uke!!!

Lots of guitarists started on ukulele. I did, way back in the 1960s. Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison all started on uke. Brian May started on uke. Bill Tapia started on ukulele, switched to guitar for over seven decades, then picked up ukulele again.

Learning uke first is a great way to step into a guitar.

BTW... shredding isn't "everything" when it comes to guitar. Eric Clapton is not a shredder. Style is everything, though, and can be found in fast players, like Steve Lukather (Toto), Waddy Wachtel (great studio player), and many more. Learn how to play syncopated rhythm and you will never be short of work as a guitarist.

I'm not going no where girl I'm staying..

I'M IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER!!

alot of people started on guitar and now play ukulele too. The order doesnt matter, as long as everyone's sojourn eventually leads them to the ukulele...alot of people wont give it a legitimate chance.

Guitar is awesome...but I'm all acoustic baby. Never play my electric

Top Bottom