Which KoAloha Is This?

the.ronin

Reaction score
Which KoAloha is this? I suspect it is the Soprano Standard. Only thing I know from the seller is that it is 23 in long and 8 in wide; purchased June 2008.

koaloha1.jpg

koaloha2.jpg

koaloha3.jpg

koaloha6.jpg

Also potentially stupid question - are all KoAloha's solid koa? Thanks for any feedback.

Its a concert and yeah they are solid.

Its a concert and yeah they are solid.

Thank you gp-ak for the swift reply ... I figured all KoAlohas were solid but then I noticed:

KSM-00 Soprano Standard Ukulele - MSRP $510
KS-00 Soprano Standard Ukulele 100% Hawaiian Koa (Special Order Only)

... on their site which made me think "KSM-00" was one model and KS-00 was a solid model for special order only.

The "special order only" ones have a Koa neck as well, I believe. The KSM models - the standard models - have mahogany necks.

The "special order only" ones have a Koa neck as well, I believe. The KSM models - the standard models - have mahogany necks.

the special orders have kerfed liner inside as well.

Is that the one on ebay for a outrageous buy it now price?

Is that the one on ebay for a outrageous buy it now price?

Yes it is!! :D

I actually wasn’t counting on winning it but the reserve was set to $299.

Oh man I really hope this is the real thing ... watch it arrive and the labeling is “CoaLoha”. :eek:

Last edited:

Oh man I really hope this is the real thing ... watch it arrive and the labeling is “CoaLoha”. :eek:

Well, good luck with that. :p

Mine KS-00 (koa-neck) cost $485 new from Elderly Instruments when I bought it back in 2004.

It's the real thing and good luck on your bidding.

You should be VERY happy with it, I passed up two KoAloha concerts in favor of a white label Kamaka concert, but if I coulda had both I woulda! If you got that uke for $299. you kinda stole it!

I'm guessing you will be all :love: when you get it tuned up and play the first few notes.

Top Bottom