While My Ukulele Weeps - J.E's first uke Video!

Johnny Elsewhere

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm not really sure if I have that -confidence- to play my ukulele for an audience yet, so I gave it a go in front of a camera.

Here's Jake's version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," with a simplified intro.

Johnny Elsewhere's first Uke Video on YouTube

I mess up a few times, and my uke sounds a little quiet. But I think that can be fixed with a little more practice and some new strings. =D

WOW! Great job, i don't think you should have any problems playing in front of people with that skill.

Nice job! Very smooth playing. I think you're ready for an audience. :)

Good job bro.

Thank you guys so much for your responses! =D

Crosscurrent is coming up next. I can't play all the correct parts in the right places, so consider it my rendition. ^_^

Very nice. This is a very good example of just laying back and putting an effort into feeling the music as opposed to trying to play it faster than maybe you can. Great effort. Keep it up.

Sweet video, good playing.

Sweet giving us the fingers at the end, though :p.

People say playing Jake's way is unoriginal and unimpressive. I disagree, it's a skilled piece that sounds good when you get it right. Just like you did!

Sweet video, good playing.

Sweet giving us the fingers at the end, though :p.

People say playing Jake's way is unoriginal and unimpressive. I disagree, it's a skilled piece that sounds good when you get it right. Just like you did!

I agree, the song really does sound impressive when it's played right.

It's kinda sad to hear that Jake's way of playing this song is mocked; in actuality, his way of playing makes it sound just as beautiful as the original recording.

Top Bottom