PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Concert ukulele to adopt :)

kellysouthpaw
08-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello all! I've been struck with a nasty bout of UAS - am looking to adopt (buy) a concert ukulele to keep my tenor, Clement, company! Mainly I love the sound of the low G string on my tenor, but miss the sound of the high G of a concert :)

ANYWAY - am not in the market for a pricey uke - am really only looking to pay about $50-75 for a concert. If you have anything I might be interested, please contact :)

Thanks!

the.ronin
08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
If you’re willing, a soprano will get you that high g too and for that price range, you can get a decent one brand new.

I Ukulista
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Chain your self to a wall play you tenor for a dime or two. When you have $200 unchain your self walk in to a music shop and sat I have $200 and I have UAS.
You are in real danger of buying a less than satisfying ukulele with $50. Strive for the best and make your UAS work for you. I've been a drunk for years but only with the best quality wine.

Bluke
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
I have a beautiful Pono for sale.

You want to spend $50 -75? I think you need to adjust to reality.

Ukeffect
08-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Hmmm...champagne UAS taste on a brewski budget...now where have I heard that before?!? OH...yeah......it was me! Seriously though, raise your sights just slightly...like $100-150...you'll find a lot of nice concerts in that range!
Also, you'll be happier in the long run getting a decent UAS fix that will last (until the next one)! *says the guy sitting here with 15 ukes and eating beans!*

leftovermagic84
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
This probably won't be the most popular post, but here goes...

I don't even think it was a month ago where MGM held a contest to see who could tell the difference between solid and laminate ukes. That that thread went for so many pages speaks to the difficulty of that task, especially to the novice and even the intermediate player.

I've also seen some pretty incredible deals through the marketplace here, because to speak plainly, we take care of our own.

You could buy a new Makala concert in your price range, and would likely be satisfied for the immediate future, and if you are more patient, and kept your eyes out, I'm sure you could find a lower-mid range uke like a solid spruce top used in that range somewhere.

To speak to my own hypocrisy though, in the spring, I plan to get a mainland concert for 250 or so as a birthday/been playing one year present. Such is the nature of man, I guess.

haolejohn
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello all! I've been struck with a nasty bout of UAS - am looking to adopt (buy) a concert ukulele to keep my tenor, Clement, company! Mainly I love the sound of the low G string on my tenor, but miss the sound of the high G of a concert :)

ANYWAY - am not in the market for a pricey uke - am really only looking to pay about $50-75 for a concert. If you have anything I might be interested, please contact :)

Thanks!

check this thread out it is here on the marketplace.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17979

WhenDogsSing
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
I've been a drunk for years but only with the best quality wine.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I love it...Keep up the good work...It's a hard job but someone has to do it...:D