The Music Emporium in MA and Moore Bettah

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
Hey I was visiting my sister in MA this summer and had the chance to drive to the Music Emporium and check out the three new Moore Bettah ukes they have in.

I spoke to a really nice guy called Tim who showed me all of the ukes he had. I saw the following:

Mermaid soprano
Mango concert
Very nice looking tenor

EDIT: check it out, the soprano and concert are the top two ukes on the right on this page:

http://www.moorebettahukes.com/FORSALE.html

The build quality and attention to detail on the instruments was incredible. My semi-custom Kamaka is well put together but everything on the Moore Bettah is perfect. I particularly liked the design of the soprano and would love a tenor version of it. The binding and inlay work was incredible.

The ukes had side ports as well as the usual sound hole and they sounded really good. The tenor was on a low-g so difficult to compare with my high-g Kamaka as I'm used to that sound but they were loud and clear.

I really advise you to check out a Moore Bettah uke if you can, they're like nothing else! Tim at Music Emporium was really friendly and Chuck's work is awesome. I hope to be able to visit his shop when I'm in Hawaii next year and hopefully get my hands on one of these. I think 2 of the 3 were pre-sold!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great review. I'm really happy to be a shop as prestigeous as the Music Emporium. You won't find a more knowledgeable staff anywhere and Tim is the best. I just got notification from Tim that they sold another tenor since you were there yesterday. They usually sell out within a couple of weeks.
Have a great holiday.

Chuck, your ukes are gorgeous!

I especially drooled over the "Bamboo" Tenor. What a piece of art!

Thanks to you and all ukulele luthiers for creating such wonderful (to look at and to play) instruments.

Thanks for the great review. I'm really happy to be a shop as prestigeous as the Music Emporium. You won't find a more knowledgeable staff anywhere and Tim is the best. I just got notification from Tim that they sold another tenor since you were there yesterday. They usually sell out within a couple of weeks.
Have a great holiday.

You're welcome! The trip over there was well worth it to see your work. I'm not surprised they sold another tenor, the one I saw was beautiful.

I agree about Tim he's a great guy and talked with us for a long time.

I also saw some Collings ukes and thought they were very impressive but perhaps a bit too much like mini-guitars!

I got to play those ukes before they got shipped off. You can already see how beautiful the ukes are, but often people wonder how they sound. That soprano was probably the best soprano that I've ever heard in my opinion. Of course I like a fuller sound, not the "plinky plinky" sound that some refer to as being "traditional Hawaiian". Chuck had a soprano from a very popular Hawaiian company, and let me just say that his mermaid soprano just blew it away in sound in every way. And to think that these ukes were just built, no break-in time whatsoever. I am not surprised that the ukes don't last more than a couple weeks. For those interested, keep an eye on Mr. Moore's "For Sale" page, he's got some beauties being built..of course it wouldn't surprise me if they sold before he even posted it.

I love my Moore Bettah!:shaka:

If you have the cash flowage and there is a Moore Bettah for sale grab that bad boy (or girl). You will be getting a deal no matter the price.

Music Emporium in MA and Moore Bettah

I agree completely. I am still staggered by the attention to detail, and how nice mine sounds and looks. incredible.

Attachments

• P7040016.jpg
    P7040016.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for that Craig and for Tim's link as well. Explains why he knows his stuff. And if I'm not mistaken, a lot of the employees have been there a long time. Says a lot about a business that keeps their people happy for so long. I know of few stores where the staff is so well qualified to sell what they represent. They really are stellar.

Top Bottom