Eleuke opinions

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm in the process of selling my Lanikai uke and I'm thinking of getting an electric uke with the money, mainly so I can play in relative silence and not annoy my family!

I've checked out the Eleuke TC100-MHP tenor uke and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this model and if so how did you find it? Any down sides I should bear in mind?

I'm aware Pete Howlett does electric ukes as well but they are out of my price range for this uke as I'm restricted to what I get for the Lanikai.

Thanks,

John

P.S. I've done a bit of searching but found nothing on the specifics hence the new post.

Hi there, i have that model and I love it! It's really well finished, and sounds nice through my Roland Micro cube. You can pick them up quite cheap now on E-Bay as i notice you are in the U.K.
To be honest i can't really think of anything bad to say about it apart from that i dont pick it up as often as my other ukes as i find the acoustic sound more inspirational, it makes me want to play more.
If you are wanting it to be quiet and practice and to not annoy people with it, its perfect. You can crank the volume up on a decent little amp and make some noise too. I do know that from what i read and searched before i bought mine is that on some there are some finish problems, i read something about some having sharp frets but mine doesn't so i maybe got lucky. I did buy mine from a shop in Manchester though so i got to hold it and feel it in my hands before i handed over the cash. I would say its always best to go and try them out if you have that option but i know living in the U.K thats not always easy when it comes to ukuleles.

So overall its great and if thats the kind of thing you're looking for and on a budget i would say go for it...

I hope this helps you in your decision.

Last edited:
Top Bottom