My Cousin Broke My Uke In Half!

freakenninjakrystal

Reaction score
Over the summer, he accidently sat on it as i got up to go close a window. I suppose it was my fault for leaving it on the couch but how could he not see it!!
I practically went nuts without it luckily my best friend let me borrow hers for the time being. BTW, IT BROKE FROM THE NECK!:mad::wtf:

First off...Welcome to UU!! Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Is the neck still in one piece? Maybe you could made a cigar box uke with it. Oh...and I'd make him buy you a new one.

I see an opportunity to hinge the neck and make it into a travel uke...

by the way, it IS your fault for leaving it on the couch. Always be aware.

Years ago I had a brand new soprano sax, just a couple of weeks old, and I was playing it when my neighbor stopped over to pick up a package I had taken in for her. She was wearing a big fur coat. I set the sax down on the floor, standing it up on end, and she saw me do it. I went back to get the package for TWO SECONDS and she knocked the sax over with her coattail, mangling several keys. Not new after that...

Last edited:
Bad luck. But it can be fixed.

I sat on my ukulele once. No damage, though, since it is a laminated body (and I am, of course, a featherweight (ahem!)).

personally, I would teach your cousin a lesson. I would show him/her how it feels to be broken in half. See how they like it :mad:

Tell your cousin to fix it

Top Bottom