Progression (Help)

tomzilla

Reaction score
Yo all,

Well basically I have been playing the Uke for around 2 months and feel its time to step up the game. I have learnt quite a large chord base, am quite competent at finger picking and know a few songs. Any suggestions on how to keep this steady progression up.

Is it a case of learning more songs or should I start learning theories behind music, ect.

Any advice is welcome :)

Tomzilla

Learn all of those neat scales to encourage the growth of solo shredding. Major, Penatonic, and Blues scales are a must in my opinion. I also found that learning the standard blues chord progression is very helpful for understanding lots of theory behind chord progression and solo structure in most of the songs out there.
Good luck!

Have you thought about taking some lessons? It can be a great way to learn some new techniques, new songs, chord fingerings, etc... It can definitely help push you through a rut or plateau, and it gives you another good reason to practice.

To be honest coming from the UK i doubt i'll have much luck finding a Ukulele teacher near me.

It's time to start incorporating licks into your playing. Scales will help with that.

To be honest coming from the UK i doubt i'll have much luck finding a Ukulele teacher near me.

There are potloads of ukers in the UK, and that doesn't even count the myriad Formby fanatics.

Check out the uKuKe site. I believe that they have club and teacher lists there and the "management" of the site will happily answer questions.

Top Bottom